Portrait of a girl

sthvtsh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Lacie.jpg

Not a bad photo. She could of used more light on her face. I do like the light shining down on her hair though.

Thanks. =) I agree about the lighting. When I get others to model they'll turn out better. This is my step sister, and she.. sucks at everything. =(

sthvtsh said:
Thanks. =) I agree about the lighting. When I get others to model they'll turn out better. This is my step sister, and she.. sucks at everything. =(

Ah, you really know how to put your models at ease....:lol:
Don't blame the model for a bad picture (not that this picture is bad). If you don't believe in the model: don't take the picture. If you do: put in the effort to make the best picture you can.

pascal

Using the sun to ascent the model's hair can work great...but you need to light up or expose the face a little more...otherwise the face just looks dark...as it does here. It can be nice to have flowers in the background...but in this case, the flower is brighter than her face, which draws attention away from the face...which you don't want to do with portraits.

The directional quality of the light is nice...it create a modeling (3D) effect on the face of the model. In this case, it looks more like broad lighting than short lighting. Short lighting may have been more flattering.

Keep shooting and trying different things.

Most reactions

Back