Portrait of a Little Girl from Way Back

NJMAN

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Far beyond the bowels of human existence...Minneso
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was looking through some of my archives and came across this old image, and reworked it with some current methods. C&C welcome. Thanks so much for looking.

2005_10_20_041_2_700_vig_sig_web2.jpg

Thanks for looking! :)

NJ

cute....agree on the eyes though. over done and over sharpened but very nice otherwise

She is very adorable! I like the comp a ot - isn't it addicting to learn new stuff and go back through all your pictures like that and play with them?!

Cute! Her eyes look overdone just a tad. kidna blue. very pretty! I can't wait for flowers!

Thanks for the comment and critique. :)

cute....agree on the eyes though. over done and over sharpened but very nice otherwise

Thanks, I appreciate the critique. This was an old photo that I had done with a P&S before I had invested in an SLR. It had that digital haze that appears so often with SOOC photos, so I did a defog with USM at 40, 60, 1 to increase the contrast a bit. Often times, saturation gets bumped up a little bit too in the process. I appreciate the time you took to post a comment.

She is very adorable! I like the comp a ot - isn't it addicting to learn new stuff and go back through all your pictures like that and play with them?!

Yes it definitely is fun. But I dont think Im going to reprocess pics from my old P&S camera too much anymore. I like to start with fresh unprocessed photos straight from the SLR. What in the world did we do before we had our SLRs? haha. ;)

Thanks so much for the nice comment! :)

Actually, the more I look at it, the more I am not liking how overdone the eyes are. Here is a version with no processing done to the eyes at all. Hopefully, that looks better. :)

2005_10_20_041_3_700_vig_sig_web2.jpg

In my opinion I like the first better. Very beautiful eyes!

In the second it seems the flowers are popping more than the beautiful little girl. The first makes both of them pop to me, making the picture a beautiful one.

In my opinion I like the first better. Very beautiful eyes!

In the second it seems the flowers are popping more than the beautiful little girl. The first makes both of them pop to me, making the picture a beautiful one.

Interesting take on this. You do have a point in that respect. I appreciate your thoughts on this. Thank you! :)

Most reactions

Back