Portrait of a photographer

Sharkbait

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.whitesharkphoto.com
This is a buddy of mine, who is the team photographer for the local minor league hockey team. I usually grab a couple shots of him during the games either on purpose or by him walking into my frame. :lol: Here's one of the better ones...

47b3cc37b3127cce8466b1bbe1fd0000000610

Yep, we both do. No pillbox holes in the minor league glass, that's only at NHL rinks. :?

It throws off the autofocus once in awhile, but it's more a hassle to try to avoid all the scuffs, scratches, and puck-burns in the glass than worrying about focus. :D At least I shoot digital; Tim still burns 4 or 5 rolls of film a night. Me, I just swap out CF cards and shoot 200 or so shots and pull the best. He ends up with 5 or 6 good ones, I end up with 50 or 60. :D I have a feeling he's going to retire after this year or next year; I'm kind of hoping to get my foot in the door. (Not that I want him to retire, I'd just like to step in when he's done.)

Emotional shot! I thought to my self. Is this guy watching the clock to see how much time is left in the game? There is something very compelling about his expression.

Nice shot. Is he not tempted to turn digital, with seeing what you are doing alongside him?

Aaron

altyfc said:
Nice shot. Is he not tempted to turn digital, with seeing what you are doing alongside him?

Aaron

You would certainly think so, but he likes his old nikon. Another reason why I get the feeling he's about ready to pack it in. This is really just his retirement job anyway, and he had a stroke last year that kept him out of the beginning of the season.

He had a stroke, and yet he's back there shooting.....? Bless his heart! :) This is a really nice image - have you stopped circling the poor old guy's turf long enough to show it to him?? :LOL:

Joking aside, I'm sure he'd like it. You captured a great expression. Good work! :thumbsup:

terri said:
He had a stroke, and yet he's back there shooting.....? Bless his heart! :) This is a really nice image - have you stopped circling the poor old guy's turf long enough to show it to him?? :LOL:

Joking aside, I'm sure he'd like it. You captured a great expression. Good work! :thumbsup:

Yup, what can I say--he's a hockey guy. :) I'm going to the game on Friday night and am going to give him a nice 8x10 of this shot. :D

What a story this shot can tell. The B&W works very well for this much better than color would have. I really like the lighting and overall composition.

Save this picture for when he retires and have someone put together a tribute with it. :D

LOL, I saw Tim at the game the other night. He let me sit in the penalty box for most of the 2nd period; haven't had a chance to download the shots yet though. Anyway, I gave him an 8x10 of this shot and he was just as tickled as could be. He had this huge grin on his face and said, "Oh jeez, look at me, I look like I'm a hundred damn years old!" :lol:

Shark said:
LOL, I saw Tim at the game the other night. He let me sit in the penalty box for most of the 2nd period; haven't had a chance to download the shots yet though. Anyway, I gave him an 8x10 of this shot and he was just as tickled as could be. He had this huge grin on his face and said, "Oh jeez, look at me, I look like I'm a hundred damn years old!" :lol:

Sounds like an excellent compliment to me....

Most reactions

Back