Portrait of Hailey

psreilly

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Portrait of a 16 year old model based in Boston

11296294_10204407275449358_196199021_o.jpg

I would have cropped just below the hand to get rid of the over bright arm. Otherwise nicely lit/exposed photo of a pretty girl. She is a professional model? I do hope scraggly hair isn't the coming fashion though.

Haha, it's sort of dying out actually, probably a good thing. I'd call her semi pro right now, small agency in Boston. Probably end up in a big market soon though

I see what you're saying with the arm though. Just didnt think much of it during editing I suppose

I think it's a touch over exposed, but the lighting is still nice. I don't have any issue with the wet hair look in general, but I think it was a bad choice for this particular look; it just looks dirty/messy in my personal opinion and isn't complimenting her or the clothes. As well, the hand looks tense; I would have asked her to position them in a softer/ more elegant way, and not press against her face in order to avoid any indentation.

Last edited:
Having the top of the head lopped off, and the eyes so far toward the top, and then her shoulders fairly square, and that strongly patterned top she's wearing, all those things combined make this framing feel awkwardly bottom-heavy. Her wrist is very bright, and draws a lot of attention, so maybe tone that down a bit. This just isn't quite working as a square composition, as-shown. Maybe crop it in more tightly, so there's less visual weight at the bottom,and the head-chop makes more compositional sense.

There are times that cropping into the head makes sense, but again, in this example,. as-shwon originally, with so much of the bottom of the frame being clothes, and this bust-distance framing, it doesn't feel well-balanced. Maybe cropping this to a head and shoulder framing, instead of a bust, would work better in this square aspect ratio.

What they said +
Her arm is positioned so her wrist is flat to the camera and thus her arm looks large and out of proportion to the rest of her.

Most reactions

Back