Portrait of Maine

P Bailey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
f988c99a.jpg

Wow, that nice and love the color. That film is this?

IMO Hoglas are luck of the draw; when it comes to producing good images

Jeff Canes said:
Wow, that nice and love the color. That film is this?

IMO Hoglas are luck of the draw; when it comes to producing good images
Agfa Optima 100 film.

Looks like a nice, peaceful scene.

I would suggest cropping out much of the sky and doing some simple curves/levels adjustments to make the photo "pop". A lower angle of shot, showing more of the foreground foliage would be nice (but maybe not possible...). Also, I would crop out the white building (?) on the left. And, is that dust spots in the sky and water? If so, they could easily be cloned out using most basic photo manipulation software.

Tuna

WOW! What a change that made. You're dead on now.

I really didn't mind the minor flaws Tuna pointed out in the first one, because there was far too much good stuff going on - but I will say this second version is a much better composition.

These colors are intense and the whole image is like eye candy. Really a lovely scene, and a cool image with the Holga. Nice work, PB! :D

I like it much, much better. But then again, I suggested many of the changes. What matters is, do YOU like it and maybe how others like it, as well.

The color/contrast, cropping and subsequent re-sizing you did brought out some highlights in the photo. I can see better the contrast of the house to the sky and the way it looms over the shrubbery. Also, the reflections in the water, the colors in the bushes along the shoreline - all stand out better.

Good job.

Tuna

Most reactions

New Topics

Back