portrait of my dad

The lighting looks great, you nailed it IMO. Maybe a bit more light on his left face.

Really good work here Logan. I don't think you need any more light, but as a teacher of mine once said, "If you remember nothing else about posing, remember: CHIN OUT and CHIN DOWN!" When posing someone like this, get them to lean forward just a bit. Not so you can notice it, but so that they're just ever so slightly out of vertical with their head closer to the camera than their waist is and have them drop their chin just a bit. Again, you don't want it to be noticeable, but what this does is mask loose skin under the chin & throat that everyone has.

Really good work here Logan. I don't think you need any more light, but as a teacher of mine once said, "If you remember nothing else about posing, remember: CHIN OUT and CHIN DOWN!" When posing someone like this, get them to lean forward just a bit. Not so you can notice it, but so that they're just ever so slightly out of vertical with their head closer to the camera than their waist is and have them drop their chin just a bit. Again, you don't want it to be noticeable, but what this does is mask loose skin under the chin & throat that everyone has.
thank you and thanks for the tips

Umm.. could we get some more shots of the dog? We like the dog...

Lol. Seriously though, the lighting here looks great.

Sent from my N9518 using Tapatalk

Most reactions

Back