tom.ganc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.atgancarzphotography.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi again
Ihave had little portrait try recently. I shoot my son in my front garden. I'm learning how to get good portraits so C&C are really welcome. I was using my 55-200mm VR
I hope you like it

DSC_1557copy.jpg

Thanks
Tom

Ah, Ben 10, My nephew's nuts for this. I'm trying to get him into Star Wars. :D

Nice shot, good, natural pose. The forground leaves are slightly distracting and the white balance could be a little warmer but it's a good, sharp image. I really like it.

i'm no pro but i'll give you my thoughts :)

on topic: i like the picture and the fact that the background isn't distracting(the foreground is a bit) so the attention is focused on your son but the eyes are dead on the middle line of the picture, try to read up on the rule of thirds or if you already did try to experiment more.

off topic: i like Ben 10 too all though i'm probably twice as old as your son :)

Aside from those points already raised, I would suggest that generally when doing portaiture, you should try and have your camera closer to the level of the subjects face; granted shooting down is better than shooting up, but shooting across is [generally] the best of all. Nice work.

aww! your son's real cute! :)
he does need to get his hair fixed though ;)
oh yeah and that plant in the foreground looks like it's growing right out of his ear!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back