Portrait: Update II

The Phototron

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are from the same session as the last few, I tried more post-processing, took about 2 hours each.

2202114454_463b1cfac9_b.jpg

2. Nothing serious.
2201322533_ab72e67965_b.jpg

Thanks for looking, I will be happy to know what you think! :)

lil dream boat captain you are :lol::lovey:

just me trying to be cheeky

I really like the one you posted a few days ago. I guess what I am not liking about the photo (or the processing) is the highlights on the face. #1 on the cheeks & nose and #2 forehead and sides of nose. Nice pictures overall, but I just find those bright skin areas super distracting.

Joanna

just me trying to be cheeky
Cheeky, eh?
I really like the one you posted a few days ago. I guess what I am not liking about the photo (or the processing) is the highlights on the face. #1 on the cheeks & nose and #2 forehead and sides of nose. Nice pictures overall, but I just find those bright skin areas super distracting.

Joanna
Those highlights are intentional, I follow the makeup guideline from here: http://kevynaucoin.com/lessons/?highlighting

Maybe I could turn them down a bit, I will wait for more opinion. Thanks for the heads up! :)

Great pics! However I will have to agree that the 2nd shot has a distracing highlight on the forehead, other than that you did a REALLY nice job!

First is like "oh another smile for the camera" the second is much more expressive. Will you post a side by side orig to post of the second for me please?

Great pics! However I will have to agree that the 2nd shot has a distracing highlight on the forehead, other than that you did a REALLY nice job!
Yeah, I think it does apply more to #2, I need to pick up fashion magazine and imitate those. :)
First is like "oh another smile for the camera" the second is much more expressive. Will you post a side by side orig to post of the second for me please?
Yeah, I don't really think these are great pictures, but they are the only ones I have for this kind of processing. I will pm you the side by side later.

Okay highlights are reduces:

2203452925_0f29d51d8b_b.jpg

100% Crop:
2204246000_2286a0c041_o.jpg

2204245508_e778d3e9db_b.jpg

Phototron, the 100% crop just about fills my monitor, and it's very pleasant. ron

#2 is in USM purgatory. Not enough to make it painfully obvious that it's super sharpened, but not soft enough to look natural. The crunchy highlights in the hair are a giveaway.

Nice work though.

#2 is in USM purgatory. Not enough to make it painfully obvious that it's super sharpened, but not soft enough to look natural. The crunchy highlights in the hair are a giveaway.

Nice work though.
Good point, I will fix that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back