Portrait

Wolff

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
traciwolffphotography.shutterfly.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to try a little something different with the color so I tried upping the saturation but I'm afraid it may be more that the punch I was going for.

Frankie2_1963.jpg

to me the pic is a little noisy. but the colors are very vibrant, and i think it looks nice.

The noise ruins it ... sorry to be so blunt. But it does. There are ever so many artefacts in this photo. A pity. It is a nice picture of a pretty girl.

I think it belongs into Portraits. I shall move it over.

I agree about the noise, but don't be too disappointed about the comments. We learn from our mistakes and our friends on the forum help us learn and become better pohotgraphers. Look forward to more of your work!

I hope my comment does not come over as unfriendly, though I do admit that the words "ruins it" are a bit hard to listen to by whoever took AND LIKES this photo. Sorry, I really think that this is a pretty portrait ... it could also just be a matter of compression which is totally beyond your control, Wolff! In that case you just cannot help how this photo presents itself in the internet. Maybe the original is absolutely all right, I guess it is!

Thanks for the imput. I agree about the noise but it must just be a compression thing because the original does look fine. What should my .gif settings be to prevent that?

The super saturation isn't helping your noise issues here. When you boost the saturation that much often times you'll end up with whats called posterization. It's essentially when the colors end up 'blown out' and block together in clumps. I'd suggest easing off the sat a bit, and try some curves adj to bring in the 'punch' you're looking for.

Oh and you might try .jpgs rather than .gifs to avoid some of the compression woes. I usually save my jpgs at level 10.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back