Portraits C&C

CameronDelray

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any C&C for these two portraits would be greatly appreciated.

1.)
4028071719_9a8256d049_o.jpg

2.)
4028071815_c720d44070_o.jpg

I can't give too much advice about the photos because I am a big time newbie.
But I will say that while your model is cute, it is hard to get past the really heavy black eyeliner. I think her eyes (and IMHO the whole photo) would look a million times better if she simply skipped the under eye eyeliner.
I hope that does not sound rude, as it is not intended that way at all. I jut think skipping it would really open her eyes up a lot!

1- I find there is a lack of sharpness / focus in her eyes and mouth which is distracting. Seems that the focus was on her hair.
I'm also not a fan of the pose, I find her head is too twisted back.

2- Much much nicer than the first. The sky is nice, the pose is nicer and the model is in good focus and nice and sharp. I also much prefer the choice of clothes in here as well.

I would of however cut out the back part of the fence as the open field area in the back draws my attention from the model. I love the line of the fence, just not the fact that it ends.

The image also seems slightly dark, probably due to shooting in the shade. Cut out the back open field (which is bright) and then up the exposure / brightness / levels / whatever tickles your fancy to get the image lighter.

1, stay out of splotchy light, or use a reflector to keep it even. something. if you have to use it then move the subject so that the brightest spot is on the feature you want to accent.

Repeating what has already been said, but the eyeliner is distracting and the second one would be a great shot if it were not for the fence just ending.

Awesome. Thanks guys for all the input. I will try cropping out the end of the fence and upping the exposure/levels and see what I get. I'm thinking about trashing the first one, as I'm starting to not like it at all.

As for the eyeliner, that was all here choice (along with the outfits), so I couldn't just say "take the eyeliner off, it would look better" without sounding rude. :X

But thanks guys for all the input, I'll have to try using a reflector next time and see what I can get.

(EDIT)
Ok, I fixed the 2nd picture, does this look any better?

4030584778_f55e62d330_o.jpg

Last edited:
Looks good now. I like the longer crop past her knees that went along with the vignetting though. Still a good call to crop at the fence line though.

I also prefer the longer legged version, but if it didn't have the fence. I really liked the perspective of the shot

Standing near the tree/fence is fine. But my first reaction was that she is "caressing" them a bit too much.

I would suggest turning around a bit more to face the camera to be in a more natural pose.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back