Portraits/Fashion Shots

Oh you guys are ridiculous. Right. Okay. It's all my fault he took the photos down. Sue me.

I'm sorry but you've really got no right to post something in the Professional section and then get so upset when someone says it doesn't look professional.

there are a few people here who are quick to judge

Oh I'm so sorry. I should have waited until I found out what a great person he is before critiquing his photos. Silly me. His character has absolutely no bearing on the quality of the photos.

There are a lot of people here also that like to say what they think about everyone elses work but never post their own.

If you'd like to start a fight, I'm happy to oblige. But let's do it over pm, k?

Kisses! :hug::

Are you serious? I have no specific issue with anyone nor do I have the time to 'fight' with people on the internet. Did I name you? Are you the only person to say something he could potentially take as negative information in this thread that might make him want to take his photos down and go somewhere else? I think not.
It's a known fact that there are a lot of members that talk about what something should look like but rarely give examples of their own work and if he's just jumping in here he should know that while that's a part of this forum there are plenty of posters that are here to help in a less condescending or rude manner than others. I think you are a little defensive, but maybe you should understand that everything isn't always about you. :heart:

Hi and welcome - I think you should replace the photos. Sure you didnt get a good vibe with your first post here but there are lots of people that like to help and enjoy seeing all types of photography. There are a lot of people here also that like to say what they think about everyone elses work but never post their own. Something you have to get used to but it's a neat place to belong to when the moon isn't full. ;)

Thank you, I appreciate your comment. I am always welcoming of constructive criticism, as that is what I was expecting and hoping to receive when joining this forum. It is quite sad... pathetic really.. that people post such puerile comments when they have no work to show for themselves. Nevertheless, I appeciate your kind welcome, and hope to see you around the forums.

~Paul

Alpha I have no problem with you, and Like JimmyJaceymom, I didn't name you either. Stop jumping to conclusions, relax and take a chill pill dude.
I also never said that you should see if he is a great person before you judge his photos. Wow you are just over the top today aren't you?!

Paul, I hope to see some of your photos here on the forum in the future. I hope that some negative feedback doesn't deture you from posting them in the future.

Welcome to the forum Paul.

I saw your photos before they were pulled. I cant remember exactly what they looked like, but I seem to remember that #1 was pretty neat as far as lighting. However, it seemed like it had some motion blur or something. I couldn't quite put my finger on it. Regarding the female model photos, I seem to remember that she wore a lot of makeup, but can't remember much else about the comp.

I'd like to see some more of your work if you don't mind showing. :)

NJ

Alpha I have no problem with you, and Like JimmyJaceymom, I didn't name you either. Stop jumping to conclusions, relax and take a chill pill dude.
I also never said that you should see if he is a great person before you judge his photos. Wow you are just over the top today aren't you?!

Paul, I hope to see some of your photos here on the forum in the future. I hope that some negative feedback doesn't deture you from posting them in the future.

Well, uh, the only other person who didn't like them was me, so I guess you're all talking about me. I can't conceive of a way for me to react to his photos in a nicer way while not liking them. Should I have walked on more eggshells, or not given my true opinion? I qualified it as my opinion, and made it clear that I wasn't just trying to criticize; I was pointing out things that I noticed about the pictures that could be improved/needed to be explained to me.
I didn't realize that the point of this forum was to compliment everything, and I thought I was giving a point of view that would help. The OP didn't seem to take it the wrong way, but I guess everyone else did. I'm pretty disappointed.

It's not you.

I said he botched the touch up.
He got upset and took the photos down.
Kathi and Meg got upset because they think I'm scaring new members away.

Let me just say this: There's a precedent on the board for being able to call people out in the Professional section if you don't think the work looks professional. End of story.

Now can we get back to constructive criticism of the invisible photos?

Who pointed fingers - I said there are A LOT of members here that do such a thing. Are you guys A LOT od people? NO. Good Lord! Hedonia - I don't even know why you think I'm talking about you? You said what you think and you even added that you weren't trying to be mean. And NO ALPHA that doesn't mean I am talking about you specifically either. But that doesn't mean I don't think that there is a different way of saying things to someone especially if it's their first post.
You clearly so know about photography and have information to share. I'm not saying you have to be gooey sweet when you tell someone something is wrong but you don't have to be such a callous ass#^le either! You're obviously not an idiot but when you tell people things the way you have a tendency to it doesn't come off as though you are wanting to help, but as though you feel like you know it all.

Who pointed fingers - I said there are A LOT of members here that do such a thing. Are you guys A LOT od people? NO. Good Lord! Hedonia - I don't even know why you think I'm talking about you? You said what you think and you even added that you weren't trying to be mean. And NO ALPHA that doesn't mean I am talking about you specifically either. But that doesn't mean I don't think that there is a different way of saying things to someone especially if it's their first post.
You clearly so know about photography and have information to share. I'm not saying you have to be gooey sweet when you tell someone something is wrong but you don't have to be such a callous ass#^le either! You're obviously not an idiot but when you tell people things the way you have a tendency to it doesn't come off as though you are wanting to help, but as though you feel like you know it all.

Ditto! I didn't name names either. And I never said anything about anyone in this thread. So come on, chill out and take a minute to calm down. There is no reason to lie and Hedonia you don't have to tell everyone you love their work, but in some cases especially when people are new to the forum, there is a way to do it with tact or offer suggestions.
And for the record I wasn't talking about you or Alpha in my post.

(I can now remember why I left this forum... to many people griping and complaining.

Good riddance!)

By The Way Mod's... I think I would like a refund on my subscription. Email me as to how I can get this granted. Thanks)

Most reactions

Back