portraits for your c&c

score04w

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
couple shots from a while back. Used to taking car shots so thought I would try something different. c&c welcomed as usual.

4886707335_f393000b9c.jpg

4886703689_c68d735905.jpg

4886699739_12603d8d92.jpg

#1 has a color balance problem. I have an edit below that attempts to correct that. I also added a little vignette for fun. The composition is nice. I might have gone with a little less dof.

#2 has a color problem 2 but is doomed by a really bad composition. For a portrait, you don't want a background like that.

#3 is very nice IMO. The dof is perfect and the background, while not great, is workable. The problem here is lighting. The natural light is falling on part of her face. A little fill flash would go a long way here.

4886707335_f393000b9c_1.jpg

Thanks for the edit, I like yours better. The second one was when i first got the camera and was just eager to start taking pictures. The third one I was having trouble with. After I realized that the natural light was only hitting her mouth and chin, i tried correcting it without going overboard and ended up with this as a final product and was pleased compared to the original. Thanks for your feedback.

How did you correct that? I'm using lightroom and/or photoshop and am trying to correct it and learn something but i keep striking out.

Some simple brightening in post helped without getting too noisy.
4886699739_12603d8d92copy.jpg

How did you correct that? I'm using lightroom and/or photoshop and am trying to correct it and learn something but i keep striking out.

I corrected the color in camera raw by just manually tweaking the slider.

#1 has a color balance problem. I have an edit below that attempts to correct that. I also added a little vignette for fun. The composition is nice. I might have gone with a little less dof.

#2 has a color problem 2 but is doomed by a really bad composition. For a portrait, you don't want a background like that.

#3 is very nice IMO. The dof is perfect and the background, while not great, is workable. The problem here is lighting. The natural light is falling on part of her face. A little fill flash would go a long way here.

4886707335_f393000b9c_1.jpg

+1 on all of this IMO, it looks like number 1 wouldve turned out a lot better had you taken a step or 2 to your right so that the tree wouldve been excluded from the photo. Remember to watch those backgrounds :p

Most reactions

New Topics

Back