dangerdoormouse

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.helenmaybanks.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi everyone
I did some photos yesterday with a make-up artist and a model. Everyone was working for free (in return for prints). Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated (I know you aren't supposed to put 49 pics up for starters, but the girls wanted a wider range of shots to look at).
http://www.helenmaybanks.com/wphotos.aspx?folder=Amie

Overall I think you did a really good job. It's hard to pick out just a couple to talk about tho when there are so many

Great poses!! Love the lighting. The only thing I have negative to say is to watch out for darker clothing. There are a lot of lint/flecks/hair showing up on the first set of images where she's wearing that black scarf.

Marian

WOW! I agree this is a really great shoot! What lighting did you use?These four really stood out for me:

IMG_8073.jpg

img_7628.jpg

img_7700.jpg

IMG_7823BW.jpg

Yes, I know what you mean about the black scarf and lint problems. Totally didn't realise until afterwards. I can probably get rid of the problem in photoshop, but yes, it shouldn't be there in the first place.
Digital Diva I used a variety of lighting. Out of the ones you have listed:
Top: Two lights. One with honey comb on at 45 degrees, the other with a (home made) snoot, from 45 degrees from behind, angled down to make it very directional.
2nd down: Daylight. Model stood beside window (it was an overcast day, I am in London afterall), and friend held white reflector the other side.
3rd Down: one light (with home-made softbox) in front, very close to model. One light above, through an umbrella (but it was a little to the side so we used a white reflector the other side)
4th: daylight coming though a window in front. With white reflector positioned next to models face to bounce back light.
It was all a bit DIY to be honest. I have basic kit, but with a bit of improvisation I got the look I was after.

Most reactions

Back