portraits of girl

chrismachir

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
All of these photos were taken in germany so they're sort of scenery/portrait pics.

I know they all have some issues(as I noted in my captions) but I wanted to see if there was anything else I've done right or wrong.

#1- This is in Heidelberg - parts of her skin are major hotspots here
7.jpg

#2 - in the Swabian Alps - her face isn't in sharp focus and there's a hotspot on her nose.
8.jpg

#3 - Boat on the Neckar River - girl is back lit and needs some fill flash or something
9.jpg

comments and critique are appreciated.

Last edited:
First of all, if you included the EXIF data it may help a bit.
2nd, the text you added is extremely distracting in both size and color

Light metering and f stop seem way off in 1 and 2, in 3 the contrast could be adjusted in PP and it may get close to acceptable levels. Thats all I can suggest right now. Just my 2¢

C&C per req:

Overall, I like the ideas, but for me, none of these quite work. Previously noted techical issues aside, it's the poses that concern me. #1 would be much better if it were opened up to include her right arm and all of her head. #2 appears to me as if you were trying to photograph the stream and she got in the way. #3 I really like, and I think a little more post would turn this into a pretty nice image, but again, the pose; too centred, as well the excessive DoF means that you have a sharp background competeing with the subject for attention. You're right, a little fill-flash would have done this a treat.

Overall, you've got some great ideas here, I think it's just a little more effort needed on the nitty-gritty technical aspects.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary

~John

I agree, the ideas behind the photos including composition are nice, but certain technical elements need improving.

The third pictures ok, although I think her pose is more positive from the right side of her so I think it needs to be framed a little more to the right. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure if you have any manual controls on your camera but try exposing for the background a little more and then using flash to fill in the foreground.

Most reactions

Back