Portraits of my daughter

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These were taken this morning in my attempt to fulfil the requirements for this week's assignment over in the Photo Themes and I have sent them in there but feel like I would want to show them here, too, for you to say something about them (maybe?).

The 8th Assignment is "Fill the frame", so I tried to do so:

1a_Fill-the-frame-portrait_18-06-05.jpg

1_Fill-the-frame-portrait_18-06-05.jpg

Do you like them?
Light is coming in through the window, mellowed by the yellow, translucent blinds we have (the sun is shining like crazy today!). No preparations, just my "Your eyes are the colour of your sweater" and "let me take your photo", and her (reluctant) move to that place and equally reluctant smile... That's the way she is... (and she hates the traces of the swim goggles in her otherwise quite nice tan!)

Raymond J Barlow said:
you filled the frame with such a sweet looking subject, and she looks great.. awesome lighting, and so natural looking, love them both!

Thats what I was trying to put my finger on! She is very natural looking! (thanks Raymond!) No cloggy makeup and very pretty eyes and skin tone! Nice photo!

Wonderful photos! The second is my favorite, she has stunning eyes. Your portraits have come a long way, you should be very proud of these!

Wow, that is quite a compliment, Alison. Thank you!
I think it's all thanks to my "model", it is all her doing, and little of it is mine, really.
All I ever do is grab the camera in the given moment and say "Hang on for a sec".

I have photographed her before but never shown you the series I did way back then.
Would you like to see them?

Her face is very pretty LaFoto, has she ever considered trying out on modeling? She has the kind of face to be a model. Thats my truthful opinion.

PlasticSpanner said:
... No cloggy makeup ...

Make-up on a 12-year old?
It would not occur to me!
She's just a girl!

BlueEyedSarah said:
has she ever considered trying out on modeling?

No, she hasn't. She's waaay too busy swimming (competitively), and dancing classical ballet (just for fun), and going to school... she tends to forget that aspect in her life here and there... And we live in the back of beyond. No way we would find anybody who'd photograph her HERE.

(Psst: and I don't want her to know so clearly that she is a natural beauty - if I may say so as her mother, who knows that all her looks are from her father's side, anyway).

Excellent work! Great eye capture in the second one!

LaFoto said:
Make-up on a 12-year old?
It would not occur to me!
She's just a girl!
Shes 12? :shock: I thought she looked about 16...

THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!! Great color and focus. What a beautiful girl too.
She's got almost liquid eyes and you captured them so well.
Great!

Most reactions

Back