Portraits of my sister

AdamZx3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some photos of my sister, she's about 18 weeks along and wanted to take some pic to send to her hubby in iraq, so I jumped at the opportunity (usually I have to pull teeth :) )

More coming tomorrow, I didn't get a chance to edit the rest.

992602728_0f12b73c94_o.jpg

Colors seem to be off and dull, perhaps because of underexposure. I hope you don't mind, but I adjusted the levels and did some selective sharpening.

sister_c.jpg

thanks for the edit, but it's supposed to have that washed out soft focus look :) I de-saturated it a bit in PS. The exposure's good on my calibrated monitor, yours might be a bit dark, and the photo did darken a bit in the background from the processing

thanks for the edit, but it's supposed to have that washed out soft focus look :) I de-saturated it a bit in PS. The exposure's good on my calibrated monitor, yours might be a bit dark, and the photo did darken a bit in the background from the processing

My monitor is also calibrated. If you are happy with the photo that is all that counts. If you are going for a desaturated look you might want to be a little more aggressive. To me, the image in your original post almost looks like a old photo that was scanned, but that is just my opinion. Good luck to your Sister in her pregnancy.

Thanks i'll try to desaturate it a bit more and see what happens :)

Yea I had to keep trying to get her to smile, not the easiest person photograph...we where joking that we needed 70 pics to get 10 good poses :)

I hope alls fine in Iraq.
Yep thanks for asking, thankfully he hasn't had any close calls, he's a radar repair tech, so he gets a ranger team support and a couple scout/snipers to watch over him while repairing. When I asked him about the weather he says its like being in an oven with a bunch of stinky people lol, was in the 140's a few days ago.

DSC_3333.jpg

DSC_3339.jpg

DSC_3369.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back