portraits of nanas

jemmy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys, usually i am total and absolute cr#* at flash photography....i have sooooooooooooo much to learn. These are 2 flukes that i was really happy with... i love the lighting... only have no idea how i did it!! What do you think.... am i on the right track... Comments welcome & WANTED:hail:

This little nan recently lost her partner, so i loved that you could see her wedding rings so clearly...
176adj.jpg

okay... maybe not the best shot of nan who looks like shes having a ciggie.... but i'm talking about the lighting! xx
IMG_2775.jpg

Any advice re. taking pics indoors with flash would be appreciated muchly.xx

DepthAfield

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
These are excellent images of these women. I think a tighter crop might be useful though… Just my .02.

hammy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think they're great. I do know and understand the lighting you're describing and showing here and in my experience it's hard to get. Sometimes, mainly by mistake, I get it right on. Lol, so sorry, I have no idea how to achieve it because I also have no idea how to get it!
Especially love the expression on the first gal. She has a very experienced look on her face.

Holly

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
WOW these are great.. The lighting is like perfect!! Awesome job! I agree. Id crop some too... Way to go!!

BubblePixel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Wow! Great shots! I love the lighting too!
Their skin color is so natural, and by the way, they are gorgeous! :hugs:
Makes me miss my nana...

Thanks for sharing! :heart:

elsaspet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.visionsinwhite.com
Photos OK to edit
Jemmy! wow! Your clarity and focus are rock solid. I love the way your wide open lens clearly separates the subject from the background. Simply stunning portraiture!

Janet80

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I think they're really nice, except that you cut the top lady's head a bit.... I hate it when that happens, its such a bummer!

Most reactions

New Topics