portraits on a cloudy day.

Nice shots... I too am curious as to what post processing techniques you used particularly with the coloured shots... the colours are WILD x love em

Can i also ask what your camera is and what lenses... Im guessing something pretty snazzy! I neeeeeeeeeeeeeed a new camera x

beautiful shots....love them all

may i ask what post process did you use on #2 to get the look?....i feels like living in a fantasy world...thanks

jemmy . . .

i recently bought a d200 . . . but this might actually be the first thing that i've posted from it. up until now i was using a d70s.

lenses: 85mm f/1.8 and the 17-70 f/3.5-4.5 kit lens.

post processing:

on 1 guassian blur and curves.
2 lots of special local contrast adjustments. with some low laying clouds in the back. local contrast achieved by:gaussian blur with blend mode set to soft light, unsharp mask. and i slightly desaturated her surroundings bc they looked pretty intense and overpowering.

number 4 was gaussian blur, and more local contrast adjustments through unsharp mask

i hope that helped some . . . but alot of the color was there, and the light was very even that day.

thanks! they are soooo captivating to me? i really cant explain what it is except its something about the intensity of the colours?? but am going to go and try your techniques on one of my own shots... I keep going back to look at them!! Thanks again x jem

no prob, and post them here when you get done so we can see what you get!

Hmmm... I totally missed this thread till now.

I dunno if the broken circle is a problem. One thing that caught my eye in all is that one of her arms is creating a rigid, straight line. I think it's most troubling in the first view... maybe because it's bearing her weight and forming a vertical line.

I really like the black jacket with her blonde hair.

thanks christiep, i've decided the broken circle is fine . . . and i don't see why a straight rigid line is a bad thing (the arm). idk, the vertical line thing i disagree with because its going towards her face . . . so its sort of a leading line.

black jacket + blonde hair = her choice, lol. i didn't have anything to do with that

great effect in P.P. I like it alot, thanks for the tips. I like how you adjusted the blur, and worked with what you had in each photo, you didn't just blur the background for everyone, you worked with it. I like that flexibility and I think it makes a better portrait choices for the client.

Yeh, I agree, I still really like the p.p. in these shots.

thanks guys . . . the post enhances it . . . but alot of the "dreamy" quality in 2 was just the way the light was that day.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back