Portraits

Why not post a portrait here for all to see rather than make us leave this site to see your FB page? Hmm?

First, facebook degrades images. If you want them to show their best, don't use it. Use flickr.
Second you aren't going to get much if any help if you post a link like that and say critique. Post a FEW (not a dozen) images for critique and we'll be glad to help you!

People will occasionally try and get a rise out of you. On the other hand, you will often get appropriate, frank, and respectful responses like MLeeK's. So, pay attention to that kind, do what MLeeK said, and have fun posting!

It's disrespect that degrades the photograph professional.
A real artist support and respect any form of art

^^^^Now there's a way to make new friends
iconhammer.gif

Welcome to the forum

:) Thank you.

I just believe that the art needs to be evaluated by it's own art and not about where you show them.
Flickr, Facebook, Websites,blogs, or any other professional high resolution or "amateurs ones", what it is all about at the end is the art. Unless you are showing to a client which is not the case.
2wheel, I know you from the Nikon lens forum. How do you put this smiley face?
Lol newbie questions..

You are missing the point Facebook DEGRADES the images. Not that it makes you look like a cheap photographer being on facebook. It actually does something to the image. It makes them look differently than they actually look. It has nothing to do with WHERE it is. You want to show it in it's TRUE color and TRUE focus and not the crap that facebook does to an image.
You aren't going to upload your images here... You have to host them elsewhere and use the
tags to post here. Where do you think anyone was disrespectful? We gave the OP (who wasn't you) advice on how to get more feedback and did it without being nasty in any way.
Now you can take your attitude and put it back in your pocket.

Last edited:
of the first four replies.. only one was negative (and only an opinion, at that).. the rest were attempts at being informative. No need to get uptight! We normally don't like to follow links due to possible malware, etc... and facebook is sometimes loaded with it. If you follow the instructions for posting, and use any of decent photo hosting sites... you won't have any trouble posting. Critique here ranges from mild to harsh.. but it is usually honest, and if you are really looking for help (and not atta-boys) then grow a thick skin. :) There are a lot of very knowledgeable people here... and they are willing to help, but some of them are blunt and will tell you exactly what they think. If you do want praise (like you probably get on FB).. then your shots will have to deserve it....

anagoesch said:
Rotanimod , There's nothing constructive in the first 5 posts of this thread.
There is thought, in the other thread where I accepted with all the respect and appreciation about the advices on autofocus, exposure, right settings etc... and yours too, since touch me how to upload pic and not a link.
But above it's not constructive and very funny and ironic.
Opinions are opinions. That's all.
They shouldn't waste their time and I shouldn't either.
Thanks

This isn't even your thread! Your aren't the OP so I don't get what the big deal is. People were just giving a newbie advice that will help them get more feedback

Um, the first posts explain WHY he's not getting feedback from us. Politely.

Ok, totally my misunderstand.
I really thought those posts were for me, because of the FB link that I posted on another thread .
Now I see that it's about another person's thread.
I have nothing to do with it.
Sorry the misunderstanding.

Last edited:
MTVision said:
This isn't even your thread! Your aren't the OP so I don't get what the big deal is. People were just giving a newbie advice that will help them get more feedback

Ok, totally my misunderstand.
I really thought those posts were for me, because of the FB link that I posted on another thread .
Now I see that it's about another person's thread.
I have nothing to do with it.
Sorry the misunderstanding.

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back