Positive Thinking

Just thinking for me is a positive step in surviving another day. :lol: As for when I go out...I just go out, and shoot whatever I see.
But I do set up and plan a few of my shots. :mrgreen:

I absolutely visualize a shoot before it starts. I think about different looks I would like to achieve and what type of lighting may work best. When it comes to working as a photographer you practice on your own time not on the client’s dime. You should always be confident you will be able to produce what a client is looking for or you shouldn't be taking the job. I'm not saying you don't learn when you get paid it's just not the place for your first time using a Softbox etc.

Now when you are doing shoots for practice who cares if you’re confident or not it's a learning experience.

Its a good topic. If I got to a shoot thinking "oh man, this is gonna suck" it totally does. Now am I psychic or just self fulfilling prophecy?

I, by the way, only am doing shoots for practice :)
I have found visualizing the shoot really helps alot!

Maybe that's why everyone things photographers are snobs. We are all over confident!

~Michael~

Staying positive has kept in photography for all these years. I pre visualize every shot before I press the shutter. Each visualization is MY own positive take on the subject. Photography is a lie. I take advantage of that fact.

Love your Avatar Abraxas. It's a keeper

Love & Bass

Staying positive has kept in photography for all these years. I pre visualize every shot before I press the shutter. Each visualization is MY own positive take on the subject. Photography is a lie. I take advantage of that fact.

Love your Avatar Abraxas. It's a keeper

Love & Bass

Broderick Crawford is one of my many personal heroes. Watching 'Highway Patrol', I learned 'The Man', will ultimately catch up to all evil.

The more I think positively, the better things have become for me. The better things have become, the easier it is to think positively. And, I believe my photography reflects it.

Broderick Crawford is one of my many personal heroes. Watching 'Highway Patrol', I learned 'The Man', will ultimately catch up to all evil.

You got that right...

The more I think positively, the better things have become for me. The better things have become, the easier it is to think positively. And, I believe my photography reflects it.

Truer words were never spoken friend!

Love & Bass

Im a visualizer myself. I never think positive or, negative. My problem is I see shots all the time even while Im driving and, get ticked I cant stop right then and there. To me it is like people who can see shapes in clouds and, those that cant. I think that it is a whole way of thinking or percieving things around you that help your shots.

My confidence in shooting is usually very strong. But, thinking positively leads (me) to a dull image. I realize that's kind of confusing. But I'm fueled by my negative view of everything. I see the bad in things before I ever think that there might be something good in it as well. I'm just starting to realize my true method of shooting, which I've stated on TPF before - I'm a (very sarcastic) writer locked in a photographer's body. I have a somewhat slanted view on things, but I think that's something I can call my own, so positive thinking really gets me no where in making an image. Selling them, and marketing myself however... Different story.

Yeah, positive thinking can only go so far for some people. Sure there is the new Law of Attraction trend spreading, but when it comes right down to it, you just need to spend time being serious about your craft...and practicing it. Negative thinking can easily fuel progress and growth, as much if not more than positive thinking can.

Any examples of 'negative' thoughts that have improved your photos?

Here's a 'positive' thought that has improved my work;

I can do this.

Most reactions

Back