Possible 1Ds MK II

darich said:
Cheers Rob.
I've checked their site several times in the past and have bought a lens from them a while back. I just searched their site and they don't list a 1ds MKII in stock but i'll keep my eye on them.

Might be worth a call anyway - their site is always priced a bit high to avoid all the attention of competeting at the sharp end. Also, if you've got any kit to p/ex like EF-S lenses, they might give a good value on them? Agreed though, they're not the cheapest in the world, but at least you could take it back to their shop!

Rob said:
Might be worth a call anyway - their site is always priced a bit high to avoid all the attention of competeting at the sharp end. Also, if you've got any kit to p/ex like EF-S lenses, they might give a good value on them? Agreed though, they're not the cheapest in the world, but at least you could take it back to their shop!

With their shops tedning to be in the south and east of England it would be difficult to take it back to the shop although it would be easier than shipping it back to B&H. I have spoken to them in the past when i bought a lens ages ago. Very helpful and I'd be more than happy to use them again.

I've checked EBay and there are a couple on for sale but i'd travel to uplift evn if it meant getting a B&B somewhere. I'd refuse to send several thousand pounds to anyone (other than a shop) and HOPE the goods arrive.

i also had a look on B&H and compared 20D, 5D and 1Ds MKII. The 1Ds MKII is listed as having EF mount just like the 20D. The comparison said that the 5D could not accept EF-S lenses but made no such claim in the 1Ds MKII column.

Does anyone have any idea if the 1Ds MKII accepts EF-S lenses? I was under the impression that it wouldn't but that comparison on B&H has put a doubt in my mind.

Thanks Azuth...that's what i thought but the comparison didn't say that for the 1Ds so it had me thinking.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back