Possible Indoor Shoot...PANIC!

This may be the 2nd most pointless post of the day, but what did I miss? Where was there voting results?

It may be gone by now, but while the voting is going on there is a "poll" tracking how many votes each picture got at the top of the page.

Chunky baby don't worry about negativity, you're doing fine. everyone has to start somewhere. Matter of fact, if you can make it work with the availible tools you have, you'll be that much better off when you get more equipment. I know people that have Full frame Canon's and don't know how to adjust the aperature... It's not what equipment you have, but the way you use it. :wink:

Instead of diving head first into lighting (which is a big topic and takes time to learn and gather all the gear), why not pick up a Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens? They are little over $100 and work great in low lighting. You may need to push your ISO, but for sure you can shoot indoors with natural light with a 1.8 or faster lens! Having said that, an SB600 is a great investment! :)

This may be the 2nd most pointless post of the day, but what did I miss? Where was there voting results?

Well I suppose I'm a contender too.

I can't find a single image or link posted here by chunkybaby, so how would it be possible that chunk's work would be nominated? Really... I don't know. Would someone explain please?

Thanks!

-Pete

Well I suppose I'm a contender too.

I can't find a single image or link posted here by chunkybaby, so how would it be possible that chunk's work would be nominated? Really... I don't know. Would someone explain please?

Thanks!

-Pete

The other challenge...you submit for that, it's not nominated.

Instead of diving head first into lighting (which is a big topic and takes time to learn and gather all the gear), why not pick up a Nikon 50mm f1.8 lens? They are little over $100 and work great in low lighting. You may need to push your ISO, but for sure you can shoot indoors with natural light with a 1.8 or faster lens! Having said that, an SB600 is a great investment! :)

You can get a one light setup for about that price and lighting > f/1.8 when you're shooting people.

Thanks, jlykins. No worries about the negativity. I completely agree with you about using what you have and figuring out how to use it well. (There is a post on the Beginner's thread from somebody taking some pretty amazing shots with a cell phone.)

andrew99 - Funny you should mention the Nikon 50mm lens...I was given a big hint just today that that very lens may appear underneath my Christmas tree this year. Woot!

And to those wondering about the voting thing - I entered the October Photo Challenge.

Thanks again.
ChunkyBaby

A 50mm is a great lens, but its not going to be very useful in this situation, 50mm is probably too long for group shots indoors, and shooting wide open will yield a very narrow DOF, probably too narrow for group shots also.

I might have missed it, but it does not seem to be a very positive attitude in this post.

I'm going to try to get back to the point with a fairly useful suggestion.

ChunkyBaby, go to your local professional camera shop and rent the lights. They love to show off their knowledge, sometimes annoying, but use this to your advantage. Renting the equipment with cost a small fraction of making a purchase and you will be very pleased with the results. Just have them show you how to use the equipment.

Best of luck.

-Nick

Most reactions

New Topics

Back