Possible problems with D7000

KinueGee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I recently purchased a D7000, I've taken it out for quite a few shoots and I'm loving it. But I notice there's been a lot of talk over internet forums that they've been having back-focus issues and sharpness issues. Not trying to be a pixel peeper or blame the equipment but I noticed that my shots aren't coming out as sharp as I'd like. I really hope that this is user error and not my camera.
Has anyone else been experiencing these problems?

Well if you heard it on the Internet, it has to be true, right?

Every product on earth has a failure rate. My D7000 has been great.

Well if you heard it on the Internet, it has to be true, right?

Every product on earth has a failure rate. My D7000 has been great.

As has mine. Don't get me wrong I've got plenty of OoF shots but so far they are all me.

I agree with Ajkramer, post pics or a link to them so we can help.
What other equipment do you have? do you have lens' other than the kit 18-105mm? What was you previous camera?

If the 18-105 is your only lens then that is most likely the cause of your troubles, it is not the highest quality.

In all honesty, most people buying the D7000 are not very experienced and any issues they have are more likely to be wetware issues, rather than hardware issues.

Do you know how to accurately detect front or back focusing so as to eliminate users error as a possibe cause?

Do you think your D7000 is back focusing?

The D7000 has a much more sophisticated AF module than the D90 had. I highly recommend spending extra time reading in the Focus section of the users manual.

Last edited:
When you mount a lens, check the top LCD panel to ensure that it is an AF mode. There is a known connectivity issue between the D7000 and certain lenses where everything but autofocus works. If this is the case, just jiggle the lens a bit on the mount to ensure a secure connection or clean the contacts on the body.

Most reactions

Back