Possible to Print 8x10 from 768×1024 file?

Besides, don't modern printers lay down way more actual dots than just 300 per inch?

No, unless you are printing something like the size of a billboard, then most will want a resolution of or over double, so 600dpi or ove. Standard print resolution is 300. I have never done a billboard. I do stand ups, and large sized posters, and all of them are 300dpi.

oh yes, and I am sorry for contributing for the misguiding of the subject. However, they did get to learn something, regardless, and it did have a little bit to do with the answer he was seeking.

I'm not expert on printers...but the specs of mine are:
Max Resolution ( B&W ): 600 dpi x 600 dpi
Max Resolution ( Color ): 9600 dpi x 2400 dpi

I talked to a guy who prints and installs images that go on the sides of buses...he said they are printed at 60 DPI or something like that.

I'm not expert on printers...but the specs of mine are:

I talked to a guy who prints and installs images that go on the sides of buses...he said they are printed at 60 DPI or something like that.

WOW, I have never heard of that. A printer would laugh at me if I sent them an image that was to be printed at 60DPI. That's crazy. Does he have pictures of the buses? I would like to see how clear they turn out.

If you want to see some of the things I have done, you can check out:

http://www.myspace.com/lockhartimagery

Of course, they have been scaled for web use, Most of these are for 4 x 6" post card flyers and 18 x 14" - 36" x 48" posters.

Most reactions

Back