Possibly NSFW

SoMa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So, the last time i posted here was 6 years ago, since then I have taken up quite a few hobbies and I put down the camera for a while. But, now i'm back at it. Just thought I'd share some of my recent work. Feel free to let me know what you think.

These pictures were taken at a fashion show a few days ago. The body art was done by my wife. I like the simplicity and silhouette of the dark image and the B&W was just a shot for the venue. :icon_camera:

Attachments

• EXTIMACY-1.jpg
    EXTIMACY-1.jpg
    300.4 KB · Views: 337
  • EXTIMACY-5.jpg
    EXTIMACY-5.jpg
    326.6 KB · Views: 380
  • EXTIMACY-23.jpg
    EXTIMACY-23.jpg
    254.5 KB · Views: 337
  • EXTIMACY-45.jpg
    EXTIMACY-45.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 348
Absolute art, amazing! Can you pls share details about the camera / settings? Especially the low light ones? Cheers

lch

The one with the most interest for me is the B/W one. The others seem fine. Interesting ideas, but didn't hit me.

The B/W one has a lot of very interesting things going on, but two issues... with SO MANY lines going on you have to be pretty sensitive to your angles, and in that particular case it is slightly tilted to the right in a way that I find distracting. AND... and this is something I don't know what you'd do anything about... the fact that you have two people in the shot and they are near the right edge of the frame, facing right... gives the picture a weird unbalanced feel. (I think compounded by the tilt, so removing the tilt may help).

If you had swiveled a bit to the right I think you could have gotten a lot of the same detail but pulled in the people a bit better... though there may have been too many obstructions.

I'd go back and reshoot and wait for the people to not be where they are in the frame currently.

As far as equipment I'm using the canon T3i. Lens is 28-80 f4.5-5.6. So not the best gear...
As far as setting I'm not at my computer atm but for the silhouette image I want to say I was at about iso 800, f5.6 (I leave it there so when I zoom the exposure will stay), shutter was 1/50.

I hadn't noticed the tilt until now. Thanks for pointing it out I will definitely be fixing that. I think I got caught up withe the board on the left. I wish I would have gotten them making drinks or something but it was a large event.

Not bad at all. I also like the B&W shot. :)
I like #2, but there is a seam in the camera left of the brick wall (it looks like the wall drops bad or something) it distracts from the model, I bet you could clone the seam out in PS and it would look good.

P.S.
Tell your wife great work on the paint job, it looks very nice! :)

#4 (the silhouette) is a beautiful photograph, very nice art and well done. The others...not bad photographs but really more effective documents of the body painting process (well, maybe not #1--I guess that's the "before" shot but still documentation of the process).

Nicely done. My favorite #1, #4

The last image really appeals to me although all are quite nice.

Dave

Most reactions

New Topics

Back