Post Bridal Pics Session

Status
Not open for further replies.
What are you doing here? Seriously? First you start this thread to badmouth another person, now you want to badmouth the profession of Wedding and Event Photography? You ask these same people in other threads to help you?

You've sparked real interest with me, what do you do?
This wasn't even for a WEDDING. It was a bridal session!

Oh I'm retired, I sold my second business that I built myself for 7 digits and sold the for one for the high 6's so I really dont know much about making money running your own business.
I shoulda got 8 digits is my only regret.

I can see it all now.........

I just need to drop a million into a web portal to gather up all you consummate professionals and charge you a finders fee to keep you busy and make another 7 digits but I digress hehehehehehe.

I'm just talking here Trever you are the one who caint take a joke why dont you lighten up some eh? hehehehehehehehehe

Benny, my man, there are so many "this is all bull****" flags in here, I can't even tellya. Doesn't mean it's not true, but it sure smells iffy to me, and I've been around the block a few times.

Oh come on yall who cant cook up some book numbers to justify most anything? Listen, let's say $1,300 is a fair price for a days work, let's give it 2 hours shooting and 6 for the rest of it so you work a normal day.
That's $162 dollars an hour, and at that price folks, all those little nit pic "office expense THIS" and transportation THAT" are beside the point.

Because if you actually worked a normal year in hours like the rest of the country seems to have to, that comes out to $311,000 a year and like I said for THAT kinda work I am in the WRONG business.....

I would say the Achilles heel of photographers has to be their lack of marketing skills because with that kinda potential I would be buying myself a new sailboat here right shortly...

I had that dream once.
It landed me into the middle of this really expensive business.
I don't have the sailboat yet, but I will... some day... If I win the lottery!

MLeek points out the CODB then YoBenny comes back saying you make $162 an hour......

I'm no mathematical genius but...

Nawe seriously folks I just wonder how long you guys can stay in business with those kinds of numbers, that's below the poverty line isn't it?
It's gotta be tough, and tougher still to know that the King Of Idiots YoBenny can pull a camera out of the box and shoot as good or better pics than a 12 year veteran....
Why you can almost buy enough technology to defy the necessity for skill! That's gotta be scary, food stamp scary I mean....

I might try bumping my wages to $3,300 a day, and call it art, and get the idiots that pay for art to pay my bills. After all, all you have to do is SAY IT, right?

Anyway in all fairness I will say that I didn't care much for her pics, but she did know very well exactly what she needed to say to get the bride to do what she wanted and she was very smooth about it and personable too, she had her at the gate and I can see that this is no easy skill to develop because you have to have your own personality to work on to do that.

I know it's a lot of work and I'm just funnin yall about it because I wanted somebody (thank you MLeeK) to tell the "I used to walk 10 miles to school" story once hehehehehe

You've really ingratiated yourself to the crowd here.
I am sure we'll all feel the love to help you out.

Aww, sailboats are free. It's the maintenance and sails that'll kill ya!

While her images were not the quality I'd expect for the $ you say, yours were certainly a lot worse, don't kid yourself on that level at least.

Well I like you anyway MLeek but you need a different barber and a nose job AWEful bad.........

While her images were not the quality I'd expect for the $ you say, yours were certainly a lot worse, don't kid yourself on that level at least.

I still have those two Colts tickets...and I've completely cleaned and lubricated the dueling pistols, replaced the flints, got some new priming powder AND main charge powder...I even heated up the mould and hand-casted ten shiny new solid lead semi-wadcutter .58 caliber hollow-base slugs...just sayin'...

YoBenny said:
Well I like you anyway MLeek but you need a different barber and a nose job AWEful bad.........

That is completely out of line...even if you come back and claim it tounge in cheek.

I thought Benny's were pretty ok, and I am ok with disagreements on that point. However, they might not have been nearly so OK without the pro directing and posing the bride, though. There's real value there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back