Post Cards - C&C Please

GRafyx

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay so I shot this image a few weeks ago, for the postcard comp, but the email wasn' t received for some reason, so I' m really disapointed. Anyway, I spent much time on this project and that' s why I' d like to have some feedback. Thank you!

Post Cards:
$1370465565-post-cards-petit.jpg

I'm confused; those aren't post cards. ?? Could you link to the competition rules? That might help.

Well, the subject was "Postcard"

I decided to decompose the word into two separate words: Post and Cards
Post is a prefixe used to evoke what happens afterwards.

So I took cards, and showed what they became after they were used (or post using).

But what about the photo?

If you included your signature on the entry photo they will not use it. The objective is to be anonymous.

Well, the subject was "Postcard"

I decided to decompose the word into two separate words: Post and Cards
Post is a prefixe used to evoke what happens afterwards.

So I took cards, and showed what they became after they were used (or post using).

But what about the photo?

So this is how used playing cards should look, right? Have you ever seen used playing cards?

If you included your signature on the entry photo they will not use it. The objective is to be anonymous.

I only added my signature before posting this thread,it wasn't there when I sent it.

So this is how used playing cards should look, right? Have you ever seen used playing cards?

Yes I have.

I think the play on words and creative expression regarding what used playing cards should look like might have "played" better in the context of a themed competition.
I'll spare you any further discussion on that. ;)

As for the photo, I think your composition is questionable. I'm not sure why you chose to have them pushed to the left exposing the rather unremarkable table and edge in the upper right.
Checking exif, I see f/36 and 8 seconds. I that accurate? Was there a reason you chose to use those settings? Some creative use of shallow DOF and some off camera lighting might have made for a better image.
An 8 second exposure means you used a tripod and this photo is way to soft for a tripod shot. This is either poor focus or diffraction or both.

Most reactions

Back