post poduction thought...

Pft. Photography is a fine art and has been considered as such for a number of decades now. Fashion photography is usually post-processed to hell and back; editors want the "perfect" model with the "perfect" garment, eyes, and skin. As for your own stuff, it's art darn it. If you don't explore all the things you can do to make your photos look better, I really think it's unnecessarily hampering yourself. Sure, you might start off by capturing reality, but if you change it, who's to say it isn't art anymore? Heck, I took a fun photo recently; no post processing, but I did mess with the camera and exposure.

Naturally, this changes between genres. Photojournalism is one field where post-processing had better never, ever go beyond colour correction. As for portraits, I'll retouch any portraits I take of my friends, just because I like doing it, and the end result usually makes them quite happy.

In the end, photography is an artform.

Everything you hear on the radio has been autotuned, the extremities obviously change from Coldplay to T-Pain but rest assured that no producer is taking the chance of even a millisecond of pitch slip up to appear in the song.

I was a little skeptical about this quote, about the percentage of autotune touch ups, I thought it'd be lower, so I asked my friend who's an audio engineer and has worked with quite a few radio bands... his response: "98.9999999999%"

Most reactions

New Topics

Back