post processing C&C

Wingutcg

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some pictures of my daughter that turn out pretty good. I am new to the PP. I tried my hand at it. Please C&C

First set.
IMG_2353original.jpg

IMG_2353.jpg

Second set
IMG_2383original.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

#1 lighten up and add contrast
#2 same, but correct WB - a bit too much red

easier to c&c on pp if you showed before n after, or noted what processing was done
Which would b best candidate to print frame n hang - #4
nice pics, personal pref - add some of the outdoor view, perhaps have her look out the window rather than at camera

#1 lighten up and add contrast
#2 same, but correct WB - a bit too much red

easier to c&c on pp if you showed before n after, or noted what processing was done
Which would b best candidate to print frame n hang - #4
nice pics, personal pref - add some of the outdoor view, perhaps have her look out the window rather than at camera

I sorry I didn't put in my first post, but picture 1 is straight out of the camera and #2 is the PP of 1. #3 was staight out of camera and #4 is the PP work. The PP of #3 includes getting rid of the socks cutting the glare on the glasses and highlighting the eyes. There was zero crop between image 3 and 4

I blurred the background- it seemed a little distracting. I played with the white balance a little and softened some of the skin tones.

IMG_2353original.jpg

honestly? these are great snapshots. In both cases, your SOOC shots look better than your pp'd versions. The first pp'd photo is wayyyy too warm. In this case, there is nothing wrong with the coloring...but rather the background. Denny's edit helps, but it still could use a little straightening. =)

The SOOC in the second set does look flashy...but by removing the catchlights, her eyes look lifeless and soft. =( Again...the subject herself is not the problem.

Thanks for the input. I really need to find a better place to take pictures of the girls. That window is really hard to get the light right and the background out of focus just right.

Thanks for the input. I really need to find a better place to take pictures of the girls. That window is really hard to get the light right and the background out of focus just right.
I second FarrahJ's comments. Try putting some distance between the background and the subject, and obviously open that aperature up if you have that option. If you can open the aperature up past f5.6, that'll help too.:thumbup:

Here is another one from that series. I did do a little PP. I took out the fence posts and highlighted her eyes, and made a small adjustment to in contrast. Sorry I don't have the original available to compare, but what do you think of the picture?

IMG_2371edit1.jpg

It's much better, the post is nice. Color is good, exposure is good, eye detail is pretty good, and DOF is better. There are issues with the photo composition, but I like this one the best so far. Nice job.

G what do you see as compostion issues. I am starting to get a understanding of exposure, but composition is my weak point.

There are issues with the photo composition, but I like this one the best so far. Nice job.

ditto.

G what do you see as compostion issues.

it's still a snapshot. you can only do so much to improve the composition of a snapshot. for one...she has a piece of wood coming out of her head. For another...she looks like she's just randomly sitting by a window and you took her picture to practice exposure. And lastly...you used your flash and have pinpoint catchlights.

G what do you see as compostion issues.

it's still a snapshot. you can only do so much to improve the composition of a snapshot. for one...she has a piece of wood coming out of her head. For another...she looks like she's just randomly sitting by a window and you took her picture to practice exposure. And lastly...you used your flash and have pinpoint catchlights.
Exactly. Always pay attention to your backgrounds. As Farrah mentioned, the piece of trim sticking out of her head is distracting, keep her head in a cleap spot if possible. It's not always possible, but when you can, do so. It usually means, taking step to either side and recomping the shot. I'll also add that you need to give her some breathing room w/ in the photo. It looks like she's just peaking in the frame to say and is going to slip away at any moment.

Thanks i will work on it.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back