Post Processing Questions

nemophotos

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all!
My name is Pam- and I'm new here. I have a new baby at home and really want to get better with my photography.

I'm curious what all of yall do for post processing. I used to just photoshop the skin from blemishes - and play around with color... but I don't really understand what I'm doing.

I downloaded Lightroom 2 - but have no clue where to begin to learn it - any good tutorials out there?? Anyone use a program called portrait professional?? My sister uses it and it seems pretty cool.

Also - I'm interested in finding some good actions... any suggestions?

And finally - I'm DYING to figure out how photographers get that dreamy washed out look in pictures (such as PictureLily Photography) Is that post processing stuff or do they change settings while they are taking the picture?? I would LOVE help there.

Here are a few of my recent images - but I JUST started with photography - like as in the past 8 weeks... but took a short class 2 years ago. I just kept playing with colors, levels, etc - but I want to KNOW what I'm doing instead of just happening upon it. I would LOVE help!! :)

after.jpg

6923_819420048540_4915430_50638805_5984063_n.jpg

fb8.jpg

fb6a.jpg

fb1a.jpg

I find that washed out look just plain over-exposed, certainly not dreamy, and many of the shots would not print very well.

Stick with your own work and style. That last shot has the most visual impact but the others are also well done and demonstrate some natural talent.

skieur

Aww thanks. Yeah - I dont know. I would have said they were over exposed - and one girl even told me she shoots a stop up to over expose on purpose. I kinda like it - but I agree about printing. I like high contrasty stuff too - probably not "technically" correct, but I guess it just depends on what you like. Guess I need to find my style...
Thanks again! I'm about to post my 1st pic for C&C... so we will see..

...but I guess it just depends on what you like. Guess I need to find my style...
That sums everything up about photography right there. I am a fan of slightly desaturated photos. Everyone always asks "How do I make the colors pop" where I always want to tone colors down. Every time I see comments where someone says, "Those colors really pop," I think, "wow, that is way oversaturated."

Thank you!!!! :)

Most reactions

Back