Post Processing

Morpheuss

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have tried some post processing and would like to ask you guys if i did alright or maybe some minor adjustments if i need to make them.
1. Origional
IMG_0640.jpg

2. Edited
IMG_0640edited.jpg

3. Origional
IMG_0390.jpg

4. Edited
IMG_0390edited.jpg

I do know they are still over exposed a little I will have to do better next time I'm taking pictures

To take photos in the woods is tricky as the light dynamics usually are so that one exposure cannot capture them.

And I take it that you applied pp to the whole picture (#2) later, trying to "fight" the overexposure of the sunlit parts, which now lead to a very dark photo in the middle, and still overexposed parts at the top and bottom (which you cannot remedy ever again). Maybe you might have wanted to throw a lasso (lasso tool in PS?) around the middle part, with a very wide feather, and selectively work on that part of the picture?

As to 1, the crop was certainly helpful, putting the bench out of the almost dead centre of the image. But you can never remedy that bland, white, overexposed bit of sky. So you might consider eliminating THAT part of your photo completely, more so since you already cropped into the tree tops and did not include any tree as a whole. That'd get you a photo of mostly lawn and bench though, and ... sigh ... well, I don't know how interesting it may then be?

1 looks a little heavy on the contrast/saturation. The second has very uneven light so I am not sure how well you could PP it anyway.

What software did you use for these?

To take photos in the woods is tricky as the light dynamics usually are so that one exposure cannot capture them.

And I take it that you applied pp to the whole picture (#2) later, trying to "fight" the overexposure of the sunlit parts, which now lead to a very dark photo in the middle, and still overexposed parts at the top and bottom (which you cannot remedy ever again). Maybe you might have wanted to throw a lasso (lasso tool in PS?) around the middle part, with a very wide feather, and selectively work on that part of the picture?

As to 1, the crop was certainly helpful, putting the bench out of the almost dead centre of the image. But you can never remedy that bland, white, overexposed bit of sky. So you might consider eliminating THAT part of your photo completely, more so since you already cropped into the tree tops and did not include any tree as a whole. That'd get you a photo of mostly lawn and bench though, and ... sigh ... well, I don't know how interesting it may then be?

I agree. Good effort though. :)

I used GIMP and I think they were pretty crappy to begin with... I'll have to keep an eye on the iso next time i take the picture... Now that I think back on it I was such an amateur when I took these... I shot using my Canon Powershot SX10 in auto mode... Luckily I'm smarter now so when I get back to the states I will actually be able to take some actually good photos instead of these crappy ones.

I used GIMP and I think they were pretty crappy to begin with...

If you don't already... Don't be afraid to use the "Auto" selections under the Colors menu. They don't always work/help. But they are quite accurate other times... The Auto White Balance and Auto Color Enhance are popular with me...

I played around with it for a few minutes and this is what I came up with...

4782765263_d4111e7dae.jpg

I kinda liked the desaturated look. Sharpened, played with the curve, exposure, brightness, and luminance.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back