post processing

this is Photo elements 11, not Photoshop CS 6 , and yes many people find it very helpful . Have you thought of downloading a trial version and test it out for yourself?

Which CS version is the best for the money? I will download a trial, thanks for the advice.

Mind you, I am new, so I don't need overkill, just something to get started with. I have an old psp7. I am looking to spend under $100.

Last edited:
Elements is a much stripped down version of Photoshop.
If you are a beginner, Elements will be all you may ever need.

I have an old paint shop pro 7. I am not sure that's enough. I will buy the elements 11 unless there are other options like a free program. Let me know. Thanks

Try Photoscape, it is free and very powerful also easy to use. THen there is Snapseed , which cost about $20 and will do a lot of basic stuff, easily.

However, it won't clone so remove dust, etc. would need something else.

I have an old paint shop pro 7. I am not sure that's enough. I will buy the elements 11 unless there are other options like a free program. Let me know. Thanks

Paintshop Photo Pro X5 Ultimate is about version 15 and has more features than elements at a cheaper price.

I don't need overkill, just something to get started with.
Several capable free options exist.

Yeah, as long as you don't mind the absolute most HORRIFIC UI on gods green earth.

Unless something has changed, recently... the free alternatives are such a train wreck that I'd rather cut off my left arm and sell it to science to be able to afford photoshop than use the free alternatives.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back