Post-production of Photoshoot?

sleepbreathdie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey,
I did a photoshoot two days ago, for a little girl - she's "famous" so to speak, so i can't post the pictures publicly for that reason.
Basically they're awful... And i'm lost with what to do with them, i have 366, i have a couple which are okay and after changing exposure and levels they're half decent...
I couldn't get access to the photography suite - so ended up in a dance studio with awful lighting!
If anyone knows anything more than me (most likely someone does) who'd like to try help, i could send these pictures a different way?...
some of the photo's are dark because they were a fast shutter speed but low aperture :/ and some have the shape of the body onto the wall behind her... :/
and then some are unusable cause of blur - but yeah ...
anyone? D:

(i can send you the photo's somehow if you'd like to see them to know if you can do anything with them! :) )

So, you had a photoshoot with a famous person without the "bare minimum" equipement to do the shoot and now you wanna fix blurry pictures? :thumbdown:

Even famous peoples cheap out on photographers....:lmao:

So, you had a photoshoot with a famous person without the "bare minimum" equipement to do the shoot and now you wanna fix blurry pictures? :thumbdown:

Even famous peoples cheap out of photographers....:lmao:
No. I was supposed to have access to the university suite. :/ but security didn't have the keys. it was a free shoot... she was doing it for a magazine...
they're not blurry... some are, obviously. but i'm not trying to fix them, im trying to fix the dark ones and whatnot...

The location lighting shouldn't have much relevance if you are creating and controlling your own light. I would salvage the ones you can using the basic adjustments ( like exposure and levels ) and maybe use the others as a learning experience. I am going to take a guess, that if the images are too messed up, your post processing is only going to butcher them more. Aside from your own editing, I don't think you are going to get anyone with any amount of skill to edit 366 photos for you out of the goodness of their hearts. Here in the states, we refer to this as "being up sh!t creek, without a paddle". I'm not trying to be mean or anything, just being extremely honest. If you want to post a few pics for everyone to give you advice, then thats great. Otherwise, goodluck!

Are they Raw files, or JPEGs?

JPEGs have little editing headroom, and your best hope would be to use a good parametric editing application, like ACR (Adobe Camera Raw).

No idea who this girl is since I don't watch TV but, let's take this one step at a time. First, let me tell you that I took on jobs that I wasn't prepared for when I was new to the business and that some people saved my ass a couple times with some creative ways. Let's just try and get creative here...

First question: Did this girl and her mother know that you didn't really know what you were doing or did you mis-represent yourself?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back