Post production software

Fallensurvivorz

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm looking for some software for editing/correcting my photos. There are so many options available and I don't know what is good and what is not ,what would you recommend?
(If this is the wrong place to ask this, let me know and I will delete this and post it there instead)

You need to be more specific as to what you need it for.

editing/correcting is quite a vague statement.

Lightroom 4
Photoshop

Thats all you really need to be honest.

cptkid pretty much got it, but I would suggest lr5 over lr4. Same money and the new healing brush alone is worth the upgrade.

Sorry what i'm looking for is correcting, I use gimp for editing as my Photoshop replacement. I'm also looking for a good RAW image converter.

Sorry what i'm looking for is correcting, I use gimp for editing as my Photoshop replacement. I'm also looking for a good RAW image converter.

LR5 will convert images and do 99% + of your editing. Not sure about other stand alone's. What about using your software that came with the camera?

Ok thanks LR4 & LR5 seem to be what I am looking for. I do use the software that came with my camera, i'm just looking for something better/has more features. I really like the highlight and shadow recovery.

Ok thanks LR4 & LR5 seem to be what I am looking for. I do use the software that came with my camera, i'm just looking for something better/has more features. I really like the highlight and shadow recovery.

The LR4 or 5 use the same camera raw as CS6 does, so being able to adjust levels and shadows and highlights, they are the bomb. I have LR4 now and as soon as I upgrade my OS, I plan on getting LR5.

If you're looking for raw conversion software and don't require the DAM features of LR there are some excellent free options available:

Raw Therapee
LightZone

Joe

I do know how to use Photoshop, I have taken a few classes on it. The only problem is I can't afford it, I agree that it is a great program and will do just about anything that I need. I have been trying to use gimp but it's not as nice as Photoshop. Does anyone have a recommendation to an alternative to Photoshop that's cheaper?

You can get Photoshop for $30 a month. ;)

But I do agree that Lightroom is probably the best option to your original inquiry.

I do know how to use Photoshop, I have taken a few classes on it. The only problem is I can't afford it, I agree that it is a great program and will do just about anything that I need. I have been trying to use gimp but it's not as nice as Photoshop. Does anyone have a recommendation to an alternative to Photoshop that's cheaper?

Sagelight is on sale right now for $40.00.
Paintshop is on sale for $30.00.

Joe

Last edited:
Photoshop is good, that's all you need to know ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back