Post your Beauty dish shot!

ghache

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've seen a similar thread in another forum and it got pretty big and interesting.

I will need a new light modifier really soon that will provide softer light that i have right now for some upcoming beauty shots. I want to get a larger softbox but i think a large beauty dish could be really nice!

All I use is a beauty dish, as of now.

DSC_0257.jpg

DSC_1026_copy.jpg

I like it! keep them coming !

Here's the $31.95 beauty dish in 16 inch size that I bought from a Texas-based e-Bay vendor.

100487737.jpg

No, it wasn't Cowboy Studios, but a smaller, independent vendor whose name I cannot recall right now. He's located in Midland, Texas I believe. I have bought about a dozen Nikon lens to Canon body adapters from him, as well as the beauty dish. I bought this in early 2008,and have not really used it...it's fitted for my Versalite monolight, and that light just does not fit into my main Speedotron setup. I wanted to try a beauty dish without a big financial commitment, and at that time, 2008, these inexpensive, Chinese-made imports were JUST hitting the market and the Balcar-fitted models (which this is) were one of only two or three choices available. Today, there are many more fittings available, and these are now available with a honeycomb grid and a diffuser sock, for around $79-$89 from multiple e-bay vendors.

Most reactions

Back