Post your city 08' 4th of July pictures here...

lextalionis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.motleypixel.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey gang,

Let's show off our patriotism and post our city 08' 4th of July shots here. Please only post fireworks with a city in the BG etc. and name the city.

Canon 30D, Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L USM, bulb 4-5 secs., f/11, ISO 100. Here's my set from Austin, TX:

austin_4th_1.jpg

austin_4th_2.jpg

austin_4th_3.jpg

-Roy

Good shots. Unfortunately, my thoughts of shooting the fireworks display over Stephenville (we live on a rise about 5mi from the launch site) were interrupted by some idiots setting a field on fire with fireworks about 500yds from our driveway. The people responsible for it were long gone by the time it was reported, and I didn't get there until about 2 minutes after that. By the time the FD got there, the display was well underway, and I knew nothing would end it so quickly as getting my tripod set up :(

Firework shows last for about 2 or 3 hours here in Japan but none on them take place on the 4th of July. :D

nothing special going on in any of my cities either.

4th of July has to do something with some revolt in the colonies, right?

:p

Here is the display in Abilene, Texas. I took them by a local lake with my Nikon D40 at f8 and 200 iso. I used the 18-55 lens with exposure times ranging from 2 to 30 seconds. I wish I would have brought my 55-200 lens but I thought the fireworks were going to be a lot closer. :(

DSC_0154.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

I thought this one was interesting. I was zooming during the exposure and came out with a neat effect.

DSC_0242.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back