Post your D90 Pictures!

Thats how i thought it was done. I do have a remote but it is just a button, it isn't fancy where i can set it for 20 minutes so i would have to hold the button the whole time.

Thats how i thought it was done. I do have a remote but it is just a button, it isn't fancy where i can set it for 20 minutes so i would have to hold the button the whole time.

Well i have a remote it just has a button. I have the ML-L3 or w.e. Just press it once open the shutter and walk away and when you press it again it closes the shutter.
TJ

Oh yeah, i forgot you don't have to hold it the whole time. Did you hit the trees with a strobe somewhere in the exposure? They seem pretty lit up.
Thanks

Not to turn this thread into a discussion but how do you get this kind of shot? I have seen it a lot recently. Just a tripod and a really long exposure?

Edit: haha our questions are almost exactly the same :D

Have a good ol' tripod. Hopefully a remote. Set it on manual. F/4-F/8 put it on bulb open the shutter w/ the remote and have fun for 20-30 min and see what you get :D. That's how i did it at least. Some people take multiple like 20 second pics and combine with layers for less noise but one shot is easier. Thanks
TJ

Its okay, this thread is meant to be a discussion about techniques, D90 photos and what not. :thumbup:

Thanks TJ, can I do it without a tripod and remote?! :lol: Tough when you only have a couple things.

How do you post photos on here?

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...forum-functions-pictoral-guide-using-tpf.html

Oh yeah, i forgot you don't have to hold it the whole time. Did you hit the trees with a strobe somewhere in the exposure? They seem pretty lit up.
Thanks

Actually it was at my camp in the woods and we had some dim lights on over at our little cook house and that's the effect they had for a 20 minute shot. The lights were barely noticeably but it adds up at that amount of time.
TJ

Not to turn this thread into a discussion but how do you get this kind of shot? I have seen it a lot recently. Just a tripod and a really long exposure?

Have a good ol' tripod. Hopefully a remote. Set it on manual. F/4-F/8 put it on bulb open the shutter w/ the remote and have fun for 20-30 min and see what you get :D. That's how i did it at least. Some people take multiple like 20 second pics and combine with layers for less noise but one shot is easier. Thanks
TJ

Its okay, this thread is meant to be a discussion about techniques, D90 photos and what not. :thumbup:

Thanks TJ, can I do it without a tripod and remote?! :lol: Tough when you only have a couple things.

As long as you have something to set it on sure! It might have a little shake in it because you would have to put it on bulb and then hold the shutter down the entire time you want to take the picture. If you want it for 10 minutes hold the shutter down in bulb on M setting for 10 minutes and don't move to much or it will be blurry.

Oh and don't forget to focus most likely manual and then put the lens on manual focus. GL
TJ

TJ

You can get away without using a remote. Just do the same deal, but pressing the camera shutter button instead of a remote (remote is handy so you dont shake the camera). A tripod is really needed though, unless you happen to find some type of surface that you can set the camera on where it is stable or something... but it will be pretty hard to not blur the shot.

TJ

As long as you have something to set it on sure! It might have a little shake in it because you would have to put it on bulb and then hold the shutter down the entire time you want to take the picture. If you want it for 10 minutes hold the shutter down in bulb on M setting for 10 minutes and don't move to much or it will be blurry.

Oh and don't forget to focus most likely manual and then put the lens on manual focus. GL
TJ

I dont even know when ill try this, its cold brrr. But ill find a place to rest it!

MORE PHOTO POSTERS! :( Please?

3974817225_278cfe3659.jpg

:D

Another great capture, man your gonna love that D300s. :lol:

Very sharp and good DOF.

Buyer just sent the 850 ehh how do i get rid of this paypal hold/??

i want a d300 :( , tjk, ill whore myself to you for a week if you give that body to me (camera body)

btw 300s can do hd video rendering?

Yep hd vid dual card slot 7fps and i might take up that offer lol
TJ

Most reactions

New Topics

Back