photoflyer

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
mikeatherton.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This photo got me to thinking it would be interesting to share shots that were not planned but perhaps turned out better than expected,

Case in point. I was kayaking on a fork of the Potomac river near the Lincoln memorial when I spotted a 757 headed down the river on a visual to runway 19 at DCA. I knew it would disappear behind some trees and where it would reappear. I was hoping to get a shot through the trees where it would reappear. What I got was so much more. As the saying goes "I'd rather be lucky than good."

So, what do you all have in your archives where a little luck made for a better photo.

image.jpeg

I am not sure if it counts as accidental, but this was a lighting test shot.

I was changing the scene for a shoot I was doing with 4 cousins. I was setting/testing my lighting and one of the girls was sitting. The original image was interesting, but I felt it needed a little more. I do not typically heavily modify my images like this, but I do enjoy how it turned out.

Moms and cousins-261.jpg

Not sure if this qualifies as accidental but definitely all luck no skill. I was on a moving bus and spotted this guy at the very last second and basically fired my camera against the window without looking.

Wicklow wildlife by SharonCat..., on Flickr

Great idea for a thread! I have two, very old photos taken way before I knew anything about capturing motion. Both of the photos are of my late Doberman Pinschers when they were young. I took a lot of photos of them not knowing how the images were going to turn out.

#1 - I call this image "Kung Fu sparring day!"
100_0915 (LR)1500x1127.jpg

#2 - We never had our Doberman's ears cropped like some, but in this image the dog's ears appear like they had been cropped.
8-22-11-5 (LR)1500x844.jpg

JT

Most reactions

New Topics

Back