1.jpg

Olympus 35 ED / Portra 800

2.jpg

wobe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Makes me feel not so sure but in a good way. Impressive shot.
Thank you, was not sure how this would turn out as there was huge contrast between the darkness where I was standing and the very bright daylight around. It makes me think of a 1930's movie set (if you ignore the skyscrapers in the background)

idle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ahhh, Yesterday I shot a roll of Kodak High Speed Infrared film that has been lurking in my fridge, with two of its mate, for at least 20 years. I wasn't sure it would be any good but, as I'm locked in the house while New Zealand deals with a COVID outbreak (Delta), I decided to give it a go.
We are allowed to take exercise in our local areas as long as we keep up the social distancing and wear masks as is appropriate. So, given that I have an entrance to two of Aucklands' biggest parks a minute's walk from my home: I headed there to shoot.
This shot was an expectation and I'm very happy with the way it worked out. The Botanic Garden staff have recently moved the big sculpture and I wanted a shot of it in its new home. I also noticed what looked like the beginning of new flower beds around it. The grass had been removed in some kind of pattern.
I knew that infrared film and a red filter would make the grass go white but I honestly didn't expect such a great result.
Hope you enjoy it.

Attachments

• Manukau 07.jpg
    Manukau 07.jpg
    304.7 KB · Views: 18

jcdeboever

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Ricoh XR-1, Fujifilm Acros I, SMC Pentax M 1:4 50mm Macro, Ilford DD-X 1+4, Epson V800

I keep coming back to this every visit to the lot.

AcrosDDX14Ricxr15014062E.jpg

jcdeboever

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Thank you for commenting. I understand your visual but unfortunately I rarely edit. It was the cars antennae which actually is my que for taking this often rendered scene of mine. I often know by it's shadow if I have taken an image similar to it on this day. I just love the variety of light an image can render the subject. It shows me the difference in the time of day I took it. FWIW, I always clone it out to see if adds or detracts from the rendering. I have not had one yet that made me want to eliminate it. Granted, it is a an important element for me and how I visualize the often captured image.

Most reactions

New Topics