Post your favorite Sports photos

MSnowy

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Post your favorite sports photos here. From the kids playing soccer in the back yard to professional athletes doing what they do. Also post a link to your favorite sports photo of all time.

My favorite so far
i-pvcTFQq-L.jpg

Favorite sports photo ever. File Orr.jpg - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

It is always nice to get facial expression with players, it will probably be awhile before I top this one lol

And no fair on the Orr photo, everyone our age in NE will pick that one !!!

It is always nice to get facial expression with players, it will probably be awhile before I top this one lol

And no fair on the Orr photo, everyone our age in NE will pick that one !!!

Nice shot Bill.
Yup I've been following sports for 50 years and "Flying Bobby" is still my all time favorite photo. I even had the poster.

Haven't shot any sports in a while; looking back at the action shots of my niece's soccer games, it makes me wait to try again, now that I have better equipment, and (hopefully) actual ability.

These aren't "great", or even very good--just "favorites" for one reason or another.

This one because of the pretty clear holding violation:
8088281324_5b2d13a0ec_o.jpg

This one I call "Bracing for Impact" though whether she is more concerned with the ball hitting her or the opponent's foot, I'm not sure. :D
8088284350_6a8c2c7070_o.jpg

My favorite non-action shot--enjoying the victory:
8088302565_4b4f035cf6_o.jpg

Now, picking my favorite sports photo of all time?? Wow, that's a tall order. There are so many choices that I can think of that would qualify, so many incredible moments captured.

But I picked THIS one, again not for the quality of the picture, but for the historic moment it symbolized. Gold medalist Jesse Owens on the podium in Berlin, 1936, as the National Anthem plays.

I got to meet Jesse Owens when I was in high school; he came to our school during Black History week (the first, I think, that our school had ever held). I found him absolutely captivating and suspect that he was one of the major athletes (along with Pele) who began to sway me toward an interest in sports.

I thought we were limited to one !!!

Nice pictures everyone!

Bill post as many of your favorites as you like

Most reactions

Back