Post your moonshots from today...

BTW there have to be more people with moon shots from today

They have telescope mounts lol. Don't know how good they are.

They're not too bad. It all depends on your telescope. Mine (1200mm) is only f/13, so it's not that good for photography - too slow. The adapter is pretty simple, you should be able to find one for around $10.

There are also adapters that let you hook a camera up to the eye piece. It's basically just a bracket that holds the camera, and you take a picture of the image in the eye piece. You can get much higher magnification (depending on the eye piece) that way. I haven't used one, but it sounds interesting.

because of clouds? Post it here

Yes, because it's hazy, here's two I snapped, I know the white balance is off, all I did was crop and resize, no other PP.

moonfeb2.jpg

moonfeb1.jpg

BTW there have to be more people with moon shots from today
Tonight, maybe depending on weather. Perfect clear sky last night, but I didn't take the camera out. I took it out this morning when I let the dog out, but my trees blocked the moon and I wasn't going to try to walk across the ice this morning to clear the trees.

My luck, tonight will be a cloudy mess.

And this morning, the moon for me was quite yellow/orange, Chris.

It's at it's biggest in the early evening before complete darkness and in the morning just as the sky begins to lighten. I'll have to try a shot early evening and later on tonight. My moon shots haven't been all that great this past year. I have only 1 good shot from back in January of 08.

i'm not posting mine - i took one two full moons ago - it looks exactly like everyone elses here, except - slight differences in white balance i supposed.

i shot at 1/4000 for the sharpest image (100 ISO at f5.6)

I haven't taken any shots of the moon yet, but since it's the moon thread, let me ask you, why do all your shots come out so blurry and out of focus? Is it possible to achieve a clear image of the moon like that?

here is mine taken during the day obviously...

IMG_0198.jpg

I haven't taken any shots of the moon yet, but since it's the moon thread, let me ask you, why do all your shots come out so blurry and out of focus? Is it possible to achieve a clear image of the moon like that?

That is a beautiful shot!! The one big advantage he has over me is that 500mm lens!! He might have shot that somewhere in the country where the sky is REALLY clear?? I dont know...

how many moon threads are going on???

oh well, one more time - took it last night

20090208IMG_98195.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back