post your Nikon D40 pictures

I've had mine for like a week....this is the best I've got

GqqH2.jpg

That could be an interesting image.

Don't know if you are into PP yet, but the photo would work better if you would go back and reshoot, keeping the horizon level.

Also, read here on TPF about the "rule of thirds"

And use a tripod if you have one.

Here are a few from my D40x 18-135mm...

19-1.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0106-1-1.jpg

do you guys post produce??? some of these shots are amazing!

i like to BBQ... this is the type of Coal we use here in Japan...
DSC_0742.jpg

Maybe someone oughta specify if any of their shots were taken with a D40 and high-end glass...

In the past, like maybe a year ago, I used to post on here trying to defend the D40, and over and over I got flamed and dissed for trying to say what this post is proving. Seems like there was a lot of snobbishness against the D40, at least back then. I finally gave up.

Seems like this thread (started be someone else) is finally helping to prove my point, that the "lowly" D40 mebbe ain't so bad after all.

My wife likes to shoot, but is not an avid photographer. She will never get into shooting full manual, or even any of the program modes. But she does like to take our D40 or D40X out, leave it in auto and just shoot what she sees. She has taken what I consider to be some beautiful images for doing it thataway.

Seems like sometimes photography doesn't have to be as complicated as some want to make it out to be. It CAN be VERY technical for those who want to make it that way, but it can also be simple and fun, just a person with a good eye and a good camera like a D40 taking shots like we see here on this thread.

I bet the D40, with all of it's manual settings that are there for the using, with it's better than some other camera bodies low light capability, has far more potential than where many people here are in their learning curve (especially newbies), some with more expensive cameras because they didn't understand the potential of this "entry level" DSLR (but not entry level digital camera by any means).

You do not have to spend $1,000 on a body only to be able to take very nice photographs. This thread proves that to me.

I have and use other Nikon cameras (have owned all the way up to a D200), but will always be a fan of the D40.

Keep 'em coming! Especially shots with high-end glass...

Hey all.

I took my sisters senior pictures with my d40. this is my favorite one.

D40 with 50mm series E lense.
i think it was F1.8?
1/800
iso 200
4092907224_8b1ae8f62c_b.jpg

Last edited:
My photos were not with 'high-end' glass. I have the 18-55mm kits lens and a 55-200mm AF-S Nikkor.

Of course I postprocess. I heart my Adobe CS4 package.

I'll join in, these were all taken with the kit lens:

DSC_6588.jpg

DSC_5030.jpg

St_Louis_skyline_small.jpg

DSC_1495.jpg

And these were taken with my Quantaray 70-300

cardsman.jpg

thumbsupsmall.jpg

DSC_4225.jpg

newlife.jpg

Maybe someone oughta specify if any of their shots were taken with a D40 and high-end glass...

In the past, like maybe a year ago, I used to post on here trying to defend the D40, and over and over I got flamed and dissed for trying to say what this post is proving. Seems like there was a lot of snobbishness against the D40, at least back then. I finally gave up.

Seems like this thread (started be someone else) is finally helping to prove my point, that the "lowly" D40 mebbe ain't so bad after all.

My wife likes to shoot, but is not an avid photographer. She will never get into shooting full manual, or even any of the program modes. But she does like to take our D40 or D40X out, leave it in auto and just shoot what she sees. She has taken what I consider to be some beautiful images for doing it thataway.

Seems like sometimes photography doesn't have to be as complicated as some want to make it out to be. It CAN be VERY technical for those who want to make it that way, but it can also be simple and fun, just a person with a good eye and a good camera like a D40 taking shots like we see here on this thread.

I bet the D40, with all of it's manual settings that are there for the using, with it's better than some other camera bodies low light capability, has far more potential than where many people here are in their learning curve (especially newbies), some with more expensive cameras because they didn't understand the potential of this "entry level" DSLR (but not entry level digital camera by any means).

You do not have to spend $1,000 on a body only to be able to take very nice photographs. This thread proves that to me.

I have and use other Nikon cameras (have owned all the way up to a D200), but will always be a fan of the D40.

Keep 'em coming! Especially shots with high-end glass...

that was what i was hoping for too when i started this thread... mission accomplish...:mrgreen:

Hello :)

Great thread, nice to see what is possible...

Kit Lens & Microsoft Paint

VicBirds-1.jpg

Most reactions

Back