postaaaaaaaaaaaaaarge

captain-spanky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.higg.co.uk
Am i right to be feeling worried that something i paid $40 postage for on Friday the 15th still isnt here, 7 days after the person allegedly posted it by air?
I paid for something else exactly the same size, on the same day and recieved it last tuesday (3 days after it was posted) and the postage for that item said $18.50 on the label... so i dunno if a) i was ripped off with $40 postage or b) I'm just worrying too much over a couple of days... what do you think? am i just panicing? I'm getting negative vibes off this transaction for some reason.. I know i've paid more for postage than needed but i'm worried it just isn't going to turn up!

I think you got ripped on postage :(
I would wait, maybe the person took an extra day or two. I hope.

I would double check with the sender to verify the date it was actually sent. I know I've been guilty of thinking I'll get something out and having to delay it. Hope you get your package soon!

Good luck...

I would wait a couple more days, then worry.

A bit story was just done on Australia Post stealing peoples mail here in Australia...

(They have managed to get three of my birthday cards with money. grr)

yeah there's a big thing over in the UK at the moment about Nigerians coming over to work in the Post Office and stealing all sorts of things... mainly un-registered credit cards... -my girlfriend had hers stolen before it got to her, they spent over £500 on it in less than two days.. and she got the bill!!!!

I'll wait till wednesday and then i'll worry... I'm thinking the people in customs might have stopped it for some reason... a friend got a hooded top from the US once and 3 weeks later he found out customs were holding it (they wanted tax on it) and they never thought of telling him! He says he posted it on monday, so it should have been here now really but as long as it does get here i'll be happy. :)

captain-spanky said:
yeah there's a big thing over in the UK at the moment about Nigerians coming over to work in the Post Office and stealing all sorts of things... mainly un-registered credit cards... -my girlfriend had hers stolen before it got to her, they spent over £500 on it in less than two days.. and she got the bill!!!!

Wow that sucks. In Aus , once you receive your credit card in the mail, you actually have to go into a bank branch to show ID and activate it. Until then, its a useless piece of plastic.

just in case anyone was worried... the parcel turned up today... :D YAAAAY!
another SX-70... this time in brrrrrrrrrrown leather mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Customs had it... grrrrrrrrr
just need to find some film in this hellhole called the UK now and I'll be one happy little spanky

Most reactions

New Topics

Back