Poster size images?

ZyxKor

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How large of an image can I produce with my Rebel XTI? I would like to make some poster size stuff but I don't know where the size is where I would start to lose significant resolution. I think standard poster stuff is around 36"x24". Would I be able to get close to that and still have good image quality?

"Good image quality" is a subjective term. What some would consider to be good quality...other people may find to be sub par. Remember also that viewing distance should be taken into account. You shouldn't view a poster from less that three feet...so the resolution need not be at high as for a 5x7 print.

It's certainly is possible to make prints that large with your camera. There are plenty of factors that will go into getting a good print. Use a tripod, remote (or self timer), mirror lock up (if you have that feature). A good quality lens will help as well...the kit lens is OK, but near the lower end of the scale. To get the most out of that lens..shoot at F8 or higher if you need the DOF.

Shoot in RAW and have a good, non-destructive workflow. There will probably need to be so up-sampling of the image...you may want to leave that to the printer/lab.

:thumbup: Thanks. Once I take a decent image I think I'll try one to see how well it works out. It's more for fun/experimentation than anything else. I am going to get a better lens but am waiting til I get better at taking pictures before I do.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back