Posting Nikon Coolpix Point & Shoot Camera Questiion

First of all there is absolutely, positively NOTHING wrong with a P&S camera.
I have a Canon G15 which is a P&S and I love using this camera from time to time.
I would love to see any picture you will think you want to share with us.

BTW what DSLR did you just get and what lenses did you get with it ?

Good guy I received a Nikon d5100 with 18-55 and 55-300 lens. I went to Savannah for a weekend and snapped photos. I had it on program mode and believe all the other settings were at default. I have so much to learn and practice. As soon as I have time will post photos. Are you a pro

Ha, ha, ha me a pro ?
Oh dear, no I am not just an enthusiast photographer that still have a long way to go before I will be able to call myself a good photographer.

Let me give you my advise on how to learn the basic of photography, to learn how to use a camera in manual mode.
I took a basic photography course, it was about 2 months long once a week and was a load of fun but I didn't really got everything and then I found Oxana, in watching this lady's videos everything clicked and I got the basics.
Its free, its fun and easy.
Try it and maybe you will find her as helpful as I did, start with lesson 1 and move yourself to the next lessons.
Good luck

Easy Exposure - YouTube

Oh and the D5100 with the 2 lenses you got is a pretty good combination for a newbie :)

Ha, ha, ha me a pro ? Oh dear, no I am not just an enthusiast photographer that still have a long way to go before I will be able to call myself a good photographer. Let me give you my advise on how to learn the basic of photography, to learn how to use a camera in manual mode. I took a basic photography course, it was about 2 months long once a week and was a load of fun but I didn't really got everything and then I found Oxana, in watching this lady's videos everything clicked and I got the basics. Its free, its fun and easy. Try it and maybe you will find her as helpful as I did, start with lesson 1 and move yourself to the next lessons. Good luck Easy Exposure - YouTube Oh and the D5100 with the 2 lenses you got is a pretty good combination for a newbie :)

Btw my name is Anna. Thank you so much for your advice will definitely look into the videos and perhaps take a class in the summer. I can imagine would be fun to interact with other photographers. I just love photography it's so much fun, exciting and I get such a thrill from it. I love my camera!

Start with these videos, each is only few minutes long, Oxana explains it very clearly and if you didn't get it in the first time just watch it again, I had few videos I watches few times, experimented on my camera and then got it and the best part is that I enjoyed this process and still do every time I take the camera out of the bag.
I learn a lot from this forum and have a good friend with the exact camera I have and we share idea and experiences thus teaching each other.
Photography is a slow learning process, for every "good" picture I make I create 100 boring ones but each good picture is an experienced learned and I get to slowly improve my skills which are still very RAW (pun intended LOL).

I like the pun good guy it's funny. For every 100 photos I might get one good one, but it's ok cause I enjoy it and have fun at the same time. I know I will learn from everyone on these forums. Looking forward to the videos. My trigger finger is itching to snaparoo.

In time the ratio of good pics to boring pics will improve.
In the beginning making boring pictures was a challenge, getting sharp pictures was a challenge.
Took me time to see it was my equipment that was not working well and not me but on the good side it really made me work hard on improving my own skills and now with my new equipment I am getting good sharp pictures but composition....well that's a whole different thing :)

In time the ratio of good pics to boring pics will improve. In the beginning making boring pictures was a challenge, getting sharp pictures was a challenge. Took me time to see it was my equipment that was not working well and not me but on the good side it really made me work hard on improving my own skills and now with my new equipment I am getting good sharp pictures but composition....well that's a whole different thing :)

It's too bad your equipment was not working, but I am glad it has made you a better photographer. I know that the more I know about my camera settings, composition etc will help in creating better photos. To me it's not just about taking great photos, but the emotional feeling that goes into it. Envisioning it. Photography is a challenge and that makes it interesting.

It's too bad your equipment was not working, but I am glad it has made you a better photographer. I know that the more I know about my camera settings, composition etc will help in creating better photos. To me it's not just about taking great photos, but the emotional feeling that goes into it. Envisioning it. Photography is a challenge and that makes it interesting.

I think that's pretty much what we all feel.
If you produce great pictures but doesn't enjoy the whole creative process then what's the point ?

I think that's pretty much what we all feel. If you produce great pictures but doesn't enjoy the whole creative process then what's the point ?

Exactly! I totally agree good guy. It's such a creative hobby and an art in itself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back