Posting Pictures question

AUZambo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've done it several times on here, so I can do it....but my question is what's the easiest way to post pictures?

What I'm currently doing on my Macbook Pro is editing my photos in Photoshop Elements then saving as a JPG. The final product is anywhere from 5-7 megabytes and are huge pictures at 100%. To shrink them down, I then "save for web" and shrink the picture to about 20% at the best possible quality and save the picture in a "for the internet" folder. Finally, I go to imageshack to host the picture and copy the URL for the messageboards.

Is there an easier or better way to do this? This just seems a little labor intensive.

Thanks!

Do you have an "image size" option in PS elements?

Ideally you have to actually reduce the amount of pixels in the photo before posting on the web. To at most 800px on the longest side.

Maybe that's what your 'shrink' step is doing. Just make sure you're not reducing the quality too much in your 'save for web' section - or you'll get funny colours in your photos.

You're right though it is a bit labour intensive. If you want you could batch process a whole bunch of them so you only have to do it once to a whole bunch of photos.

Wow...I can't believe I didn't think of batch processing. I do it to my RAW files all the time! Thanks for the input!

Most reactions

Back