Posting rules not allowing attachments.

kundalini

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I wanted to post two photos for comments, but at the bottom of "post new thread" the posting rules indicate "you may not post attachments".

Have I offended someone or there something else I need to do? I read the instructions of "how to" but the option isn't there for me. And in case it's not blindingly apparent, I'm a new suscriber.

Cheers.....

Just put it on Imageshack.us - I dont think I've seen an image attachment since I've been here. . .

only Subscribers can add attachments, like ANDS! said, use imageshack or photobucket.com

Just found the suscribers info. And just before that I signed up for Flickr Pro. Maybe next year I'll try one of the other two sites you mentioned. Thanks, sometimes I'm slow, but eventually I'll get there...wherever there happens to be!

Cheers.....

Geez, that was quick.

OK, so I would appreciate any comments to improve on for the next event. Both of these were set on manual mode, aperture @ f/9, shutter @ 5, focal length @ 55mm & ISO 200. The wireless remote wasn't firing so I released shutter by hand..some camera shake. (The shooting mode was set for quick-response remote.)

Cheers....

Attachments

• $DSC_0050a.jpg
    $DSC_0050a.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 88
  • $DSC_0051a.jpg
    $DSC_0051a.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 90
Maybe next year I'll try one of the other two sites you mentioned.

The above two are free, and easier - plus people who havent signed up to the website, can still see photos linked from there; not so with attachments.

Hey kundalini,

Click on the UserCP link in the upper left hand corner of the forum. There you can add your flickr address to your forum signature.

have a good one
3Eo

Just put it on Imageshack.us - I dont think I've seen an image attachment since I've been here. . .

what does that mean exactly? I post on another message board similar to this and there we have to attach photos. any info is greatly appreciated.

thanx

Hey One Eyed Monster.......OH, I"M SO SORRY...... Hey there Three_Eyed_Otter,

If you don't mind, I'm gonna follow some of your photos on Flickr for inspiration. Simplicity on the everyday life is quite appealing to me. Nice photos. La Mesa is well constructed, but Double Pane speaks volumes to me. Well done.

Kundalini,

Thank you.:blushing::blushing::blushing::blulsh2::blulsh2:

have a good one
3Eo

what does that mean exactly? I post on another message board similar to this and there we have to attach photos. any info is greatly appreciated.

It means that TPF does not want to have to pay for more bandwidth than it needs. Understandably too seeing if all the members upload their photos as attachments at the rate threads get turned over the in the gallery subforums the server bill would be huge. Instead by uploading to flickr photobucket imageshack etc TPF has only the bandwidth of the text in your post to pay for and not the image itself.

Hey kundalini congrats on the fireworks. Looks like you went the route of including some background too. When you do so you may also want to shoot RAW or lock the camera white balance into a specified value. Fireworks play havoc with auto white balance and I can see considerable colour differences between both photos you posted. Nicely captured though :)

thanx so how does one do that then? include the photo in the post? I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

thanx so how does one do that then? include the photo in the post? I appreciate you taking the time to help me out!

www.photobucket.com or www.imageshack.us are good websites. Imageshack doesn't even require you to be a member to upload stuff.

kundalini: Great job on the fireworks! Good composition with the buildings. :thumbup: There is a tree though on the bottom right, it bothers me. :(

Thanks WDodd. Any comments build confidence. Yeah, I saw the tree when I set up on the bridge. Had my trusty pocketknife with me and gave thought to climbing up it and trim back. Time wasn't on my side and the tree belonged there. Next time I'll just change my spot.

grammaterri: After reading what Garbz said about bandwidth, costs and the like, I will refer folks to my link on Flickr instead of including attachments. Makes sense.....or is it cents? Becoming a paid subscriber will do the trick if you want post them here.

www.flickr.com/photos/kundalini2737/

Most reactions

New Topics

Back