Potato fields

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Potato field 1 (in low light, lens zoomed out, hand-held, hence: bad quality - was disappoined)

Kartoffelacker_websize.jpg

Potato field 2 (low light again, lens to wide angle, hand-held, but easier because of the angle)

Kartoffelacker3.jpg

Awesome. And here's me thinking fields are always boring. First one is really nice!

First one is interesting but the light is wrong - it's flattening it out. Early morning or late evening oblique maybe better?
The second second one gets the mood though, especialy with that sky. Just be careful where the furrow cuts across, extreme bottom right corner. Trim that light bit off - it pulls the eye out of frame.
You are starting to look, now. Excellent. (I suspect someone is influencing you but I can't for the life of me imagine who ;-) )

I like it LaFoto, keep up the good work. Landscapes often require long exposures. Never leave home without a tripod, I have on occassion and always ended up regreting it, funny how that works.

Number 2 has a great mood to it. I love the colour in the sky. Well done! It is just practice practice practice. With a dash of experimenting too. I like it.

I actually really love that first shot. The way you captured something I've never really observed before is excellent. And the fact that that's all you focussed on is interesting. A new viewpoint of a well photographed subject, I'm sure. Nice work.

Thank you to all who took their time to comment.
Actually, compositionwise I am fonder of the first than the second, too. Technically, though, the first did not come out in the way I wanted, and this - Cruzin listen now - ALTHOUGH I had the tripod in the boot! But I couldn't be bothered to get it out and mount the little camera - plus the photo looked very ok on the display. Those displays lie.
This one here underwent all the postprocession treatment I can give my photos with what little software I have got for just that.

To my big surprise, the second had come out clear, even though the evening had progressed further (its a different field and I had driving around a lot more before I took the second), the light was even lower, I still didn't bother to get out the tripod - but I took the second with the lens set to wide angle. That helped!

Well, Hertz, you may be right to wonder and wonder who has made me THINK more about my landscapes of late (;)), but - much to my embarrassment I must say that I have tried to THINK about them even before... have I not?

Most reactions

Back