potential Christmas card?

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you all think of this? Would've preferred there be no pacifier in the pic, but it was this or no shot. This actually is absent of the 3 bears that she was carrying around though in the previous shots :)

Mode: Manual
Shutter: 1/180
Aperture: f/8
ISO: 200
alien bee 800

IMGP3021aweb.jpg

Are those really big ornaments...or is that a very small girl?

Gosh Mike, can't put anything past you can I? My daughter is only 7 inches tall :) I saw some ornament props somewhere online that were about the size of basketballs or a little bigger. Couldn't see paying what they were asking, but I liked the idea. These were actual ornaments a little smaller than baseballs, so I shot them separately and then cloned them in to this picture. Do you think it works? I normally don't like to add obvious PS, but these almost look like the props I saw.
Thoughts?

Johnboy2978 said:
Gosh Mike, can't put anything past you can I? My daughter is only 7 inches tall :)

:lmao: funny.

It's too bad you don't see her arms/hands. That's bothering me.

pascal

well pascal, in addition to being 7" tall she doesn't have arms either :( Actually, this is the same day we took the ones of her on the rocking horse (another thread in this forum) and she was not real happy by the time we tried this one. Out of maybe a dozen different shots, this is the only one that you can actually see her face. Though I completely agree that hands/arms would be a nice addition, just happy to have this. I'm hoping next year she'll be able to take a little direction and at least hold a pose for 30" for 1 picture and be done with it.

Johnboy2978 said:
well pascal, in addition to being 7" tall she doesn't have arms either :( Actually, this is the same day we took the ones of her on the rocking horse (another thread in this forum) and she was not real happy by the time we tried this one. Out of maybe a dozen different shots, this is the only one that you can actually see her face. Though I completely agree that hands/arms would be a nice addition, just happy to have this. I'm hoping next year she'll be able to take a little direction and at least hold a pose for 30" for 1 picture and be done with it.

:lmao: You let me know how that goes ;) I have always thought it's best to just capture the kids as they are, so the pacifier doesn't bother me a bit. I think these will look great on a greeting card and I've seen those ornament props and you did a good job replicating that!

Most reactions

Back