Power Dyna-Lite 1000 w/inverter?

Chris Santucci

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Anyone know how much power is required to charge a Dyna-Lite 1000 pack?

I have a 1,500 watt 12 volt inverter and a 600 watt portable battery pack, and I'm thinking it should work with the inverter. Anyone every try this?

Dyna-Lite are very helpful, so you could give them a call.

The Dyna-Lite battery power pack / inverter is an 1100 W supply, and they say it recycles the M1000 in 1.5 s, so you should be OK with a 1500 W inverter. A simple calculation will also indicate that 1500 W should be plenty for recycling 1000 Ws in 1.5 s.

When you say you have a 600 W battery, what do you mean? That is the maximum power draw from the battery? You won't get 1500 W from the inverter, in that case - but what limits it? Is the 12 V battery pack protected by a fuse? If so, what current rating?

Best,
Helen

I've got a heavy duty Xantrex power supply that will give 960 watts at 110 volts ac in a surge or 600 watts for 5 minutes.

I guess either the inverter connected to a running car batter, or the power supply should work. I might also bring my battery backup from my computer which supplies 670 watts full load and plug it into the inverter. I'll have to use maybe 1/4 or 1/2 power on the pack though with one head.

I had read some online discussions about the sine wave from an inverter damaging the capacitors in the strobe power pack, so I might play it safe and use my battery backup with the inverter as a charging device for it after (and if) I expend the power from the Xantrex unit.

Thanks a lot for your response.

That surge capacity might be OK or it might not. As I said before, the guys at Dyna-Lite are very helpful, and they should be able to advise on peak power draw and quality of AC - in fact I wouldn't hook anything up before getting their advice.

Good luck,
Helen

Most reactions

New Topics

Back